Page 1 of 5

I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 12:01 am
by Duck Vader
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 12:02 am
by Duck Vader

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 12:25 am
by Jeff V.
Very nice. Congrats again. :bigthumb:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 3:03 am
by tabasco122
Gorgeous car man.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 5:29 am
by Chris GTO TT
Congrats again

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 5:29 am
by Chris GTO TT
Also subbing for the 572 build

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 11:34 am
by DCIV
That is freaking on point!


Coop

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 2:25 pm
by Duck Vader
Needs a couple of small things but not much.

Adding a tach.
Dash lights don't work.
Speedometer is off.
Radio powers on but no sound.
Missing a bit of chrome between the headlights.
Could use updated headlights.
One reverse light doesn't work.

Engine could use a tune up.


It has the 383, 700r4 transmission, and 12 bolt posi rear.

Long tubes into stainless flowmaster exhaust.

Paint and body work is about 10 years old. Engine is 2 years old from the date of the rebuild. 4 bolt 350 converted to 383.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2026 2:27 pm
by aaronatstate
Congrats!

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 4:42 pm
by ChargerX3
Congrats. I know you've been wanting a Chevelle. She looks well taken care of.

Future plans?

PS. leave it to Chevy guys to copy the 383. ;)

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 5:14 pm
by Duck Vader
Not really sure yet. Going to enjoy it as is for now. Might eventually go big block and drop the 383 into the camaro.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 5:46 pm
by ChargerX3
396 would be a good block, or larger. Had buddies waste too much $ on small bocks just to find out chevy big blocks were so much more reliable hp builders.

Is the car numbers matching?

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 5:53 pm
by Duck Vader
No.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 7:53 pm
by DCIV
I would suggest a 496 but honestly without a ton of work they don’t seem to be worth it over some other engines. Just from my readings.


Coop

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2026 11:13 pm
by ChargerX3
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 5:53 pmNo.
Then you're golden. Sky is the limit.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:43 pm
by Duck Vader
Jacked up the back end to rotate everything to see if I could figure out gears. It has 3.73 in there along with the posi. So now I need to figure out what gear tooth I need for the speedo to transmission cable to fix the speedo. The dash lamps will work if I manipulate and shake the lights nob. I am guessing something is loose.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2026 4:46 pm
by ChargerX3
Thats a pretty good street gearing with the ability for some highway use. I wouldn't change that. I have 3.91 in my 67 Charger and its not happy on the highway. Anywhere closer to 3.55 is ideal for mixed use.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:39 pm
by vr4
ChargerX3 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 4:42 pm

PS. leave it to Chevy guys to copy the 383. ;)
yeah they seem to do that. take someone elses work and make it better

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2026 5:42 pm
by Duck Vader
:rofl:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2026 7:09 pm
by ChargerX3
Not really. Its a newer take on a 350 small block stroked out to make what a refreshed 1960's big block 383 already makes. Not to mention longevity of chevy motors when that far tapped out.

Put that same 3.75" stroke into the 383 and you get a 426 Wedge. :beer: