I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Duck Vader »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Jeff V. »

Very nice. Congrats again. :bigthumb:
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18121
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by tabasco122 »

Gorgeous car man.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Congrats again
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Also subbing for the 572 build
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26787
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by DCIV »

That is freaking on point!


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Duck Vader »

Needs a couple of small things but not much.

Adding a tach.
Dash lights don't work.
Speedometer is off.
Radio powers on but no sound.
Missing a bit of chrome between the headlights.
Could use updated headlights.
One reverse light doesn't work.

Engine could use a tune up.


It has the 383, 700r4 transmission, and 12 bolt posi rear.

Long tubes into stainless flowmaster exhaust.

Paint and body work is about 10 years old. Engine is 2 years old from the date of the rebuild. 4 bolt 350 converted to 383.
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by aaronatstate »

Congrats!
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by ChargerX3 »

Congrats. I know you've been wanting a Chevelle. She looks well taken care of.

Future plans?

PS. leave it to Chevy guys to copy the 383. ;)
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Duck Vader »

Not really sure yet. Going to enjoy it as is for now. Might eventually go big block and drop the 383 into the camaro.
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by ChargerX3 »

396 would be a good block, or larger. Had buddies waste too much $ on small bocks just to find out chevy big blocks were so much more reliable hp builders.

Is the car numbers matching?
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Duck Vader »

No.
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26787
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by DCIV »

I would suggest a 496 but honestly without a ton of work they don’t seem to be worth it over some other engines. Just from my readings.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by ChargerX3 »

Duck Vader wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 5:53 pmNo.
Then you're golden. Sky is the limit.
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Duck Vader »

Jacked up the back end to rotate everything to see if I could figure out gears. It has 3.73 in there along with the posi. So now I need to figure out what gear tooth I need for the speedo to transmission cable to fix the speedo. The dash lamps will work if I manipulate and shake the lights nob. I am guessing something is loose.
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by ChargerX3 »

Thats a pretty good street gearing with the ability for some highway use. I wouldn't change that. I have 3.91 in my 67 Charger and its not happy on the highway. Anywhere closer to 3.55 is ideal for mixed use.
Image
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by vr4 »

ChargerX3 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 29, 2026 4:42 pm

PS. leave it to Chevy guys to copy the 383. ;)
yeah they seem to do that. take someone elses work and make it better
DOGE
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18819
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by Duck Vader »

:rofl:
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12489
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Post by ChargerX3 »

Not really. Its a newer take on a 350 small block stroked out to make what a refreshed 1960's big block 383 already makes. Not to mention longevity of chevy motors when that far tapped out.

Put that same 3.75" stroke into the 383 and you get a 426 Wedge. :beer:
Image
Post Reply