Page 1 of 3

Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:11 pm
by DirtyRyda
Don't think I ever shared this, but here's my Cobalt's dyno chart from our Ecotecs of Indiana dyno day last year. Mods are K&N intake, catted downpipe and RPT tune.

[img][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50214537502_20b6ce0c91_h.jpg[/img]cobalt dyno by Nathan Mitchell, on Flickr[/IMG]

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:19 pm
by DCIV
Bet it’s fun.

Coop

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:26 pm
by Jeff V.
Nice. There's days I miss having a small, fun car like that.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:13 pm
by ChargerX3
CougH...mighty...cOugh...max. COugh couGh!



Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:28 pm
by DirtyRyda
[quote=""ChargerX3""]CougH...mighty...cOugh...max. COugh couGh!



Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?[/quote]

Yeah. Sometimes I want more power, but it's my daily at the moment. And on all season tires it struggles to get traction already. Also have Konis with Powell springs and a rear sway bar. It surprises me how well it rotates for a FWD car.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:46 pm
by aaronatstate
[quote=""ChargerX3""]CougH...mighty...cOugh...max. COugh couGh!



Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?[/quote]

Yeah Cobalt SS with the Turbo is the same engine as the Redline and Solstice GXP

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:03 pm
by Duck Vader
I've always kind of liked the cobalt.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:15 pm
by DirtyRyda
It's really fun, and because it's "just a Cobalt", I don't have knuckleheads trying to race me all the time. Lol

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:23 pm
by ChargerX3
Yea, ive been eyeing a Redline as its good looking and can be quick. Im not sold on GM build quality though.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:31 pm
by DirtyRyda
I haven't really heard much about the Solstices. Seems like the GXPs are getting harder to find. I've been pretty happy with the Cobalt. No major issues so far.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:36 pm
by Chris GTO TT
From everything I've read the quality on the Solstice/Sky is basically what you'd expect from that era GM, ie not great. I've also heard they are better Cruisers than sports cars.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:43 pm
by DirtyRyda
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]From everything I've read the quality on the Solstice/Sky is basically what you'd expect from that era GM, ie not great. I've also heard they are better Cruisers than sports cars.[/quote]

Seems like I've heard the same thing. They're right around 3000 lbs with 52/48 F/R weight distribution.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:01 pm
by aaronatstate
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]From everything I've read the quality on the Solstice/Sky is basically what you'd expect from that era GM, ie not great. I've also heard they are better Cruisers than sports cars.[/quote]

I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:04 pm
by Jeff V.
Solstice is like a 2/3 scale Corvette. I used to work with a guy who had a Solstice GXP. He beat that thing like a rental. I don't think he had any problems while I knew him.

My only complaint about it is the total lack of practicality. I think the only car with less storage space is the Ford GT.

The targa coupes fix that, but those are going for collector money. They only built ~1200 before Pontiac was taken out back and shot.

Fun trivia. The Solstice has the same manual transmission as the H3. :lol:

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:26 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""aaronatstate""]I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.[/quote]

I didn't think they made any suspension change for the GXP/Redline :d ontknow:

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:28 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""aaronatstate""]I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.[/quote]
Yea, i would only be interested in turbo.
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Solstice is like a 2/3 scale Corvette. I used to work with a guy who had a Solstice GXP. He beat that thing like a rental. I don't think he had any problems while I knew him.

My only complaint about it is the total lack of practicality. I think the only car with less storage space is the Ford GT.

The targa coupes fix that, but those are going for collector money. They only built ~1200 before Pontiac was taken out back and shot.

Fun trivia. The Solstice has the same manual transmission as the H3. :lol: [/quote]
But it has 3 cup holders! More than any Mitsubishi :eek:

Yea, i would only want one to weekend drive though. Can you even put a duffel in the rear?

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:31 pm
by ChargerX3
For those needing a recap on the Solstice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLwtMDx9MKU

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:37 pm
by DirtyRyda
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Yea, i would only be interested in turbo.

But it has 3 cup holders! More than any Mitsubishi :eek:

Yea, i would only want one to weekend drive though. Can you even put a duffel in the rear?[/quote]

That's for when you have to start stacking the ladies because of your fancy convertible sports car. :lol:

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:40 pm
by DirtyRyda
Found out kinda recently that my car option combo is kinda rare. There weren't many built with an LSD and no sunroof. It also has an armrest which was either dealer installed or installed later, as it wasn't available from the factory in the SS turbo.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:09 pm
by DCIV
It isn’t yellow with those blue graphics is it? If not then good. If so....I don’t know if I can support this. Lol



Coop