Cobalt dyno chart
Moderator: Monochrome
Cobalt dyno chart
Don't think I ever shared this, but here's my Cobalt's dyno chart from our Ecotecs of Indiana dyno day last year. Mods are K&N intake, catted downpipe and RPT tune.
[img][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50214537502_20b6ce0c91_h.jpg[/img]cobalt dyno by Nathan Mitchell, on Flickr[/IMG]
[img][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50214537502_20b6ce0c91_h.jpg[/img]cobalt dyno by Nathan Mitchell, on Flickr[/IMG]
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
Bet it’s fun.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
Nice. There's days I miss having a small, fun car like that.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
CougH...mighty...cOugh...max. COugh couGh!
Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?
Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?

Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""ChargerX3""]CougH...mighty...cOugh...max. COugh couGh!
Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?[/quote]
Yeah. Sometimes I want more power, but it's my daily at the moment. And on all season tires it struggles to get traction already. Also have Konis with Powell springs and a rear sway bar. It surprises me how well it rotates for a FWD car.
Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?[/quote]
Yeah. Sometimes I want more power, but it's my daily at the moment. And on all season tires it struggles to get traction already. Also have Konis with Powell springs and a rear sway bar. It surprises me how well it rotates for a FWD car.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""ChargerX3""]CougH...mighty...cOugh...max. COugh couGh!
Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?[/quote]
Yeah Cobalt SS with the Turbo is the same engine as the Redline and Solstice GXP
Nice numbers. Is that the same setup as the Sky Redline?[/quote]
Yeah Cobalt SS with the Turbo is the same engine as the Redline and Solstice GXP

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
I've always kind of liked the cobalt.
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
It's really fun, and because it's "just a Cobalt", I don't have knuckleheads trying to race me all the time. Lol
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
Yea, ive been eyeing a Redline as its good looking and can be quick. Im not sold on GM build quality though.

Re: Cobalt dyno chart
I haven't really heard much about the Solstices. Seems like the GXPs are getting harder to find. I've been pretty happy with the Cobalt. No major issues so far.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
From everything I've read the quality on the Solstice/Sky is basically what you'd expect from that era GM, ie not great. I've also heard they are better Cruisers than sports cars.
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]From everything I've read the quality on the Solstice/Sky is basically what you'd expect from that era GM, ie not great. I've also heard they are better Cruisers than sports cars.[/quote]
Seems like I've heard the same thing. They're right around 3000 lbs with 52/48 F/R weight distribution.
Seems like I've heard the same thing. They're right around 3000 lbs with 52/48 F/R weight distribution.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]From everything I've read the quality on the Solstice/Sky is basically what you'd expect from that era GM, ie not great. I've also heard they are better Cruisers than sports cars.[/quote]
I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.
I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
Solstice is like a 2/3 scale Corvette. I used to work with a guy who had a Solstice GXP. He beat that thing like a rental. I don't think he had any problems while I knew him.
My only complaint about it is the total lack of practicality. I think the only car with less storage space is the Ford GT.
The targa coupes fix that, but those are going for collector money. They only built ~1200 before Pontiac was taken out back and shot.
Fun trivia. The Solstice has the same manual transmission as the H3.
My only complaint about it is the total lack of practicality. I think the only car with less storage space is the Ford GT.
The targa coupes fix that, but those are going for collector money. They only built ~1200 before Pontiac was taken out back and shot.
Fun trivia. The Solstice has the same manual transmission as the H3.
Last edited by Jeff V. on Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""aaronatstate""]I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.[/quote]
I didn't think they made any suspension change for the GXP/Redline :d ontknow:
I didn't think they made any suspension change for the GXP/Redline :d ontknow:
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""aaronatstate""]I think the Turbo models are a bit better on the sports car aspect.[/quote]
Yea, i would only be interested in turbo.
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Solstice is like a 2/3 scale Corvette. I used to work with a guy who had a Solstice GXP. He beat that thing like a rental. I don't think he had any problems while I knew him.
My only complaint about it is the total lack of practicality. I think the only car with less storage space is the Ford GT.
The targa coupes fix that, but those are going for collector money. They only built ~1200 before Pontiac was taken out back and shot.
Fun trivia. The Solstice has the same manual transmission as the H3.
[/quote]
But it has 3 cup holders! More than any Mitsubishi
Yea, i would only want one to weekend drive though. Can you even put a duffel in the rear?
Yea, i would only be interested in turbo.
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Solstice is like a 2/3 scale Corvette. I used to work with a guy who had a Solstice GXP. He beat that thing like a rental. I don't think he had any problems while I knew him.
My only complaint about it is the total lack of practicality. I think the only car with less storage space is the Ford GT.
The targa coupes fix that, but those are going for collector money. They only built ~1200 before Pontiac was taken out back and shot.
Fun trivia. The Solstice has the same manual transmission as the H3.
But it has 3 cup holders! More than any Mitsubishi
Yea, i would only want one to weekend drive though. Can you even put a duffel in the rear?

Re: Cobalt dyno chart
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Yea, i would only be interested in turbo.
But it has 3 cup holders! More than any Mitsubishi
Yea, i would only want one to weekend drive though. Can you even put a duffel in the rear?[/quote]
That's for when you have to start stacking the ladies because of your fancy convertible sports car.
But it has 3 cup holders! More than any Mitsubishi
Yea, i would only want one to weekend drive though. Can you even put a duffel in the rear?[/quote]
That's for when you have to start stacking the ladies because of your fancy convertible sports car.
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
Found out kinda recently that my car option combo is kinda rare. There weren't many built with an LSD and no sunroof. It also has an armrest which was either dealer installed or installed later, as it wasn't available from the factory in the SS turbo.
Re: Cobalt dyno chart
It isn’t yellow with those blue graphics is it? If not then good. If so....I don’t know if I can support this. Lol
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
