Page 1 of 2

Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:01 am
by mjannusch
Today I moved the fun cars into the back garage for storage over the winter. Booo!

Sometimes I wish I lived further south like most of you so I could enjoy driving fun cars all year. Thinking when my wife retires and my son is out of the house, we'll move to a warmer climate. For now we're tied to 3M Headquarters until she's done there...

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:24 am
by ChargerX3
That’s quite a few fun cars. Wish I had a second garage or even a first garage that size. Like you I park my nice ones for the winter. It’s not too bad most of the winter. Just cold but there are a few weeks we can get some snow.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 am
by Chris GTO TT
Meanwhile I'm still daily driving my Miata with 200TW tires on it...

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:42 pm
by alienviking
Not the Miata's fault you can't make up your damn mind about buying a car hah.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:00 pm
by vr4
[quote=""alienviking""]Not the Miata's fault you can't make up your damn mind about buying a car hah.[/quote]

This

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm
by ChargerX3
Rofl!

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:16 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""alienviking""]Not the Miata's fault you can't make up your damn mind about buying a car hah.[/quote]

Well played sir

My point was that I could still use these tires, I have a set of all seasons for what goes for winter here in the Sacramento area :ick:

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 pm
by DCIV
Drove my vr4 today. Needed something quick from lowes. What a fun car. It’s getting close to to cold for me to drive it though.


Coop

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:27 pm
by tabasco122
I own all winter cars lol.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:35 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""tabasco122""]I own all winter cars lol.[/quote]

That has me thinking. Every car at my house right now is either 4x4 or AWD. I’m safe. :p

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:51 pm
by tabasco122
Got summer tires on the STI. Probably won't go back for my WRX till after winter. We don't get much snow here anyway.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 am
by stealthee
I haven't decided if I will throw the Blizzaks on this winter or not. I'm not driving to West Virginia every day anymore and my drive is mostly flat on main roads so I may not need them and may just rock the DSW06's through the winter.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:37 pm
by DCIV
Hmmmmm. Maybe I needed summer tires in the Humvee. Damn.


Coop

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:44 pm
by alienviking
We have two AWD cars. In Richmond. Goodness knows why.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:36 pm
by Duck Vader
One 4x4 with great tires (BFG AT K2), one FWD with great all seasons (Michelin Premier A/S), and one FWD that I need to do something about the tires soon.

I also have chains for the Jeep and the Volt. Need to pick up a set for the Kia after I get better tires on.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:39 pm
by DCIV
Where did you get the chains?


Coop

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:42 pm
by Duck Vader
Amazon for the Volt. Walmart for the Jeep.

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:04 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Around here you can get them just about anywhere :d ontknow:

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:04 pm
by Duck Vader
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Around here you can get them just about anywhere :d ontknow:[/quote]

Same here. I was just lazy so ordered my offline - free delivery. :lol:

Re: Winter sucks

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:36 pm
by ChargerX3
I dont miss chains one bit.