Winter sucks

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
mjannusch
Posts: 4540
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm
Location: Hudson, WI

Winter sucks

Post by mjannusch »

Today I moved the fun cars into the back garage for storage over the winter. Booo!

Sometimes I wish I lived further south like most of you so I could enjoy driving fun cars all year. Thinking when my wife retires and my son is out of the house, we'll move to a warmer climate. For now we're tied to 3M Headquarters until she's done there...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Winter sucks

Post by ChargerX3 »

That’s quite a few fun cars. Wish I had a second garage or even a first garage that size. Like you I park my nice ones for the winter. It’s not too bad most of the winter. Just cold but there are a few weeks we can get some snow.
Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15950
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Winter sucks

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Meanwhile I'm still daily driving my Miata with 200TW tires on it...
User avatar
alienviking
Posts: 10707
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Winter sucks

Post by alienviking »

Not the Miata's fault you can't make up your damn mind about buying a car hah.
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14538
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: Winter sucks

Post by vr4 »

[quote=""alienviking""]Not the Miata's fault you can't make up your damn mind about buying a car hah.[/quote]

This
DOGE
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Winter sucks

Post by ChargerX3 »

Rofl!
Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15950
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Winter sucks

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""alienviking""]Not the Miata's fault you can't make up your damn mind about buying a car hah.[/quote]

Well played sir

My point was that I could still use these tires, I have a set of all seasons for what goes for winter here in the Sacramento area :ick:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Winter sucks

Post by DCIV »

Drove my vr4 today. Needed something quick from lowes. What a fun car. It’s getting close to to cold for me to drive it though.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Winter sucks

Post by tabasco122 »

I own all winter cars lol.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Winter sucks

Post by ChargerX3 »

[quote=""tabasco122""]I own all winter cars lol.[/quote]

That has me thinking. Every car at my house right now is either 4x4 or AWD. I’m safe. :p
Image
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18123
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: Winter sucks

Post by tabasco122 »

Got summer tires on the STI. Probably won't go back for my WRX till after winter. We don't get much snow here anyway.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: Winter sucks

Post by stealthee »

I haven't decided if I will throw the Blizzaks on this winter or not. I'm not driving to West Virginia every day anymore and my drive is mostly flat on main roads so I may not need them and may just rock the DSW06's through the winter.
Image
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Winter sucks

Post by DCIV »

Hmmmmm. Maybe I needed summer tires in the Humvee. Damn.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
alienviking
Posts: 10707
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Winter sucks

Post by alienviking »

We have two AWD cars. In Richmond. Goodness knows why.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Winter sucks

Post by Duck Vader »

One 4x4 with great tires (BFG AT K2), one FWD with great all seasons (Michelin Premier A/S), and one FWD that I need to do something about the tires soon.

I also have chains for the Jeep and the Volt. Need to pick up a set for the Kia after I get better tires on.
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Winter sucks

Post by DCIV »

Where did you get the chains?


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Winter sucks

Post by Duck Vader »

Amazon for the Volt. Walmart for the Jeep.
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15950
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Winter sucks

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Around here you can get them just about anywhere :d ontknow:
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Winter sucks

Post by Duck Vader »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Around here you can get them just about anywhere :d ontknow:[/quote]

Same here. I was just lazy so ordered my offline - free delivery. :lol:
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Winter sucks

Post by ChargerX3 »

I dont miss chains one bit.
Image
Post Reply