Page 1 of 1

How much is 1/10 ohm resistance

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:34 am
by DCIV
When it comes to coils?

Stealth316 says they should be .67-.81. I am only getting .9 after cleaned up. I don’t feel like .1 would cause the car to not even want to drive under its own power and don’t want to wait a week for a coil pack and it not fix if.

Yes for maximum power I want the lowest I can find. BUT, would .1 really cause this issue?


Coop

Re: How much is 1/10 ohm resistance

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 am
by aaronatstate
[quote=""DCIV""]When it comes to coils?

Stealth316 says they should be .67-.81. I am only getting .9 after cleaned up. I don’t feel like .1 would cause the car to not even want to drive under its own power and don’t want to wait a week for a coil pack and it not fix if.

Yes for maximum power I want the lowest I can find. BUT, would .1 really cause this issue?


Coop[/quote]

It’s 12% more than the max. Even though it’s a small number it’s out by over 10%

Re: How much is 1/10 ohm resistance

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 am
by Jeff V.
True, but that's not going to cause it to run like ass. It sounds like his problems are only on 2 cylinders anyway.

Re: How much is 1/10 ohm resistance

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:44 am
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""]True, but that's not going to cause it to run like ass. It sounds like his problems are only on 2 cylinders anyway.[/quote]

This. Thanks again for the help!

Yes I need a new set. I just don’t wanna twiddle my thumbs for a month to find out it still will not even drive. I don’t know if 10% is causing this.


Coop