Page 4 of 5

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2026 6:00 pm
by aaronatstate
I'm betting on 360-370whp

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2026 6:03 pm
by ChargerX3
315.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2026 6:55 pm
by vr4
ChargerX3 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 20, 2026 6:03 pm315.
:werd:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2026 7:00 pm
by Duck Vader
Spoke to Kaizenspeed. They normally don't do old cars, but will run mine since I have history with them. They are booked out until end of August for dyno time. But will charge me $300 for a session.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 1:39 pm
by aaronatstate

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 2:17 pm
by Duck Vader
I didn't buy them because they flow better...

That said, a 2-3 hp difference on a 540 hp vehicle is expected even from run to run on the same muffler.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 3:27 pm
by aaronatstate
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2026 2:17 pm I didn't buy them because they flow better...

That said, a 2-3 hp difference on a 540 hp vehicle is expected even from run to run on the same muffler.
The amount of backpressure increase is astonishing.

Also, they don't really sound better either, just louder.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 4:56 pm
by vr4
aaronatstate wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2026 3:27 pm
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2026 2:17 pm I didn't buy them because they flow better...

That said, a 2-3 hp difference on a 540 hp vehicle is expected even from run to run on the same muffler.
The amount of backpressure increase is astonishing.

Also, they don't really sound better either, just louder.
i havent watched that video yet but chambered mufflers are absolutely terrible for flow. problem is you dont get that sound from anything else.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 5:12 pm
by Duck Vader
Basically free flow vs chambered. Chambered had much much much higher back pressure, but end HP result on Dyno was like 541 for free flow, 539 for chambered spintech 9000.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2026 9:43 pm
by vr4
watched. would like to see it tested on an NA engine. boost masked a whole lot of that restriction

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 8:45 pm
by Duck Vader

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 8:55 pm
by ChargerX3
Sounds like rod knock. :)













JK.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2026 8:56 pm
by Duck Vader
My reverse lights work, but my shifter lever does not match up 100% correct with the actual transmission linkage. One of the things to work on I guess.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 3:00 pm
by Duck Vader
Well that is annoying. Cant remove temp sending unit without taking headers off. Not sure I want to do that much work the day before the show. So figured I would at least install the shroud I cut to fit the radiator. Weird set up in that non of the small block shrouds fit the radiator, and the big block shroud doesn't reach out far enough to cover the fan. So modified a SBC shroud to mount to the radiator. However it doesn't extend far enough, and the engine is sitting too high so even if it did, the fan blades would hit the shroud.

So trying to figure out what I want to do. Go electric so I don't have to worry about it, or just leave it without a shroud or temp gauge for now since plan on swapping engine anyway. Going electric is about $400 give or take, plus figuring out how to wire/install it.

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 3:48 pm
by DCIV
Do a burn out!


Coop

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 3:59 pm
by Duck Vader
Oh I will soon. Just not on my street or in my driveway. :lol:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2026 11:33 pm
by Duck Vader
Was curious. Since I set up the exhaust to be easy to swap between mufflers until I decide for sure what I like 100%, I swapped back on the flowmaster delta flow 40 series with axle dump to hear the difference. This way actually has less drone at cruising RPM but more at idle. Not sure what I like more if I am honest. Both have their ups/downs.


Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 1:08 am
by Chris GTO TT
The Flowmaster has better tone imo. The spintech sounds almost like rod knock in the video :lol:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 3:14 pm
by ChargerX3
Chris GTO TT wrote: ↑Thu Jul 30, 2026 1:08 am The Flowmaster has better tone imo. The spintech sounds almost like rod knock in the video :lol:
:smartie:

Re: I am not a smart man, but I know what love is

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 6:11 pm
by Duck Vader
Image