Page 1 of 4

My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:38 pm
by DCIV
So the Humvee is all but sold. 13k.

Now what?! I need something very capable 4x4 and able to tow the vr4. Something the wife can drive as well.

I’ve been stuck on the Chevy 8.1L for a while but they quit using it for the 6L. Maybe I’m just being coop and wanting bigger/better when that’s just not the case.

I have been looking at avalanches but would go for a 4 door pick up. Just want to be able to take a family with me.

Ready. Go.


Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:52 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I have a 2007 Sequoia I'll sell you... :d err:

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:02 pm
by DCIV
Not that I want it, what’s it tow?


Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""DCIV""]So the Humvee is all but sold. 13k.

Now what?! I need something very capable 4x4 and able to tow the vr4. Something the wife can drive as well.

I’ve been stuck on the Chevy 8.1L for a while but they quit using it for the 6L. Maybe I’m just being coop and wanting bigger/better when that’s just not the case.

I have been looking at avalanches but would go for a 4 door pick up. Just want to be able to take a family with me.

Ready. Go.


Coop[/quote]
Any 1/2 Ton truck will do you just fine. Just a matter of preference.
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I have a 2007 Sequoia I'll sell you... :d err:[/quote]

Oh gosh already!?

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:07 pm
by ChargerX3
Oh, start a new thread.

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:14 pm
by DCIV
I don’t want ordinary. I’m giving up a Humvee.

Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:14 pm
by Chris95RT
Get a Humvee

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:17 pm
by ChargerX3

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:18 pm
by alienviking
Image

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:18 pm
by DCIV
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Silverado ... 000%7C2500

Just wish it had more power. You all serious I could tow my vr4 in the smokies and not need new transmissions every time?


Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:21 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""DCIV""]Not that I want it, what’s it tow?


Coop[/quote]

Rated for 6200lbs, but the payload capacity means it can tow that weight and still have 4 people in it with their stuff

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:24 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris95RT""]Get a Humvee[/quote]

They were never meant to pull stuff. Even the army didn’t really pull heavy things. They don’t have the power. They don’t have the mph. I’m sure it would, but not if I wanted to tow my car to brg or something. Safely.

I almost want to start a project. A 8.1l drivetrain in a 1500 vehicle. Wonder if anyone’s done that.

I honestly don’t know what makes a good tow vehicle besides a transmission cooler, power, and brakes. I don’t know how much I need of any of it, just more is better.


Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:29 pm
by DCIV
Mother fucker. Searching already going sideways.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-GMC-Syclo ... 000%7C2500

Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:29 pm
by ChargerX3

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:32 pm
by vr4
8.1 is bigger but not better

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:34 pm
by alienviking
Coop I am really curious - how did the Humvee hold it's value while you had it? You said you are selling it for around $13k? What did you end up paying for it?

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:38 pm
by Jeff V.
Didn't they make an Avalanche 2500HD with a Duramax?

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:39 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""alienviking""]Coop I am really curious - how did the Humvee hold it's value while you had it? You said you are selling it for around $13k? What did you end up paying for it?[/quote]

I will double my money. Mainly because I can title it. I found one without problems. Went through the 9 month process of titling it, and thus it’s worth double. I could even get more if I would have taken real pics and video of it but I also would have had to deal with dummies. The guy buying it has a bunch and knows about them. He will prob do something things too it like a hard too and doors and get 20k out of it.


Coop

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:41 pm
by Jeff V.
Nevermind. The 2500 had the 8.1L.

Re: My turn round 2!!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:41 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""vr4""]8.1 is bigger but not better[/quote]

This is what I wanted to know. Is the LS motor really that much better than 2 extra liters?

[quote=""Jeff V.""]Didn't they make an Avalanche 2500HD with a Duramax?[/quote]

I know they made a 2500 but have not seen a duramax version. I don’t think I want diesel, as much as they can tow and stuff, I can’t work on them.


Coop