BMW X1
Moderator: Monochrome
BMW X1
There is a 2014 local with 62k. They want 14k for it. Same as Ive been looking for escapes.
Remind me why bmws suck with a 2.0 turbo and 8 speed trans!
Coop
Remind me why bmws suck with a 2.0 turbo and 8 speed trans!
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18819
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: BMW X1
From research on those I did before I found them to have pretty decent reliability. Issue comes with cost of maintenance and parts when shit does go wrong though. :d ontknow:
Re: BMW X1
Maintenance.
Based on the fact you still haven't done a timing belt on your crv.... You don't do any.
A BMW without doing any maintenance will come back and hurt you
Based on the fact you still haven't done a timing belt on your crv.... You don't do any.
A BMW without doing any maintenance will come back and hurt you
DOGE
Re: BMW X1
/thread 
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""Jeff V.""]/thread
[/quote]
Might as well close it.
Might as well close it.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""vr4""]Maintenance.
Based on the fact you still haven't done a timing belt on your crv.... You don't do any.
A BMW without doing any maintenance will come back and hurt you[/quote]

Based on the fact you still haven't done a timing belt on your crv.... You don't do any.
A BMW without doing any maintenance will come back and hurt you[/quote]


Re: BMW X1
Relevant. Just found this on Reddit when someone asked why resale value drop so fast on some vehicles.
Case 2- It's general functioning was a magical work of fuckery, and only the most richest of owners (or shadiest of shadetrees) could keep them rolling in top form, otherwise they crumbled to shit in the fullness of time. Looking at you, BMW.
DOGE
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""vr4""]Maintenance.
Based on the fact you still haven't done a timing belt on your crv.... You don't do any.
A BMW without doing any maintenance will come back and hurt you[/quote]
Im not against maintance, I do it in my vr4. Your right, I havent done any on the crv. Ive done fluids in the trans, rear diff, and engine oil. I wanted to get a different vehicle 2 years ago....didnt work out like that. Then I never wanted to dump money on a vehicle I was gonna sell.
So its not that Im against maintance.
Coop
Based on the fact you still haven't done a timing belt on your crv.... You don't do any.
A BMW without doing any maintenance will come back and hurt you[/quote]
Im not against maintance, I do it in my vr4. Your right, I havent done any on the crv. Ive done fluids in the trans, rear diff, and engine oil. I wanted to get a different vehicle 2 years ago....didnt work out like that. Then I never wanted to dump money on a vehicle I was gonna sell.
So its not that Im against maintance.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18819
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""DCIV""] I wanted to get a different vehicle 2 years ago....didnt work out like that. Then I never wanted to dump money on a vehicle I was gonna sell.
So its not that Im against maintance.
Coop[/quote]
Hence why I get super nervous when buying a used car...
So its not that Im against maintance.
Coop[/quote]
Hence why I get super nervous when buying a used car...
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Hence why I get super nervous when buying a used car...[/quote]
Yup, but if I were buying a 200k vehicle if they couldnt provide receipts of stuff like that being done...I would do it. I think thats common knowledge.
I will also add that my crv engine is non interfierencs engine so while I may be stranded, I wouldnt be out an engine.
Coop
Yup, but if I were buying a 200k vehicle if they couldnt provide receipts of stuff like that being done...I would do it. I think thats common knowledge.
I will also add that my crv engine is non interfierencs engine so while I may be stranded, I wouldnt be out an engine.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: BMW X1
It's expensive, German maintenance. We can't even get you to crack a service manual on your Mitsu, and you think you're going to take on a BMW? Trust us, you don't want to go down that road.
Ford, GM, or Asian. Get a Kia Sportage. My mom loves hers. She's got a 40 mile round trip commute on terrible MI roads in crappy weather, and she drives it like it's a sports car. Not one problem in 3 years. Vira's Mazda is a great car, and I like the Kia even better than that.
Ford, GM, or Asian. Get a Kia Sportage. My mom loves hers. She's got a 40 mile round trip commute on terrible MI roads in crappy weather, and she drives it like it's a sports car. Not one problem in 3 years. Vira's Mazda is a great car, and I like the Kia even better than that.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""DCIV""]Im not against maintance, I do it in my vr4. Your right, I havent done any on the crv. Ive done fluids in the trans, rear diff, and engine oil. I wanted to get a different vehicle 2 years ago....didnt work out like that. Then I never wanted to dump money on a vehicle I was gonna sell.
So its not that Im against maintance.
Coop[/quote]
Considering it's an interference engine, if the belt breaks, you probably won't be able to sell it for much. Seems like logical sense, especially when the kit is around $100 bucks including the water pump, to not fix it and risk it instead.
[quote=""DCIV""]I will also add that my crv engine is non interfierencs engine so while I may be stranded, I wouldnt be out an engine.
Coop[/quote]
From what I read on gates.com, it is an interference engine.
So its not that Im against maintance.
Coop[/quote]
Considering it's an interference engine, if the belt breaks, you probably won't be able to sell it for much. Seems like logical sense, especially when the kit is around $100 bucks including the water pump, to not fix it and risk it instead.
[quote=""DCIV""]I will also add that my crv engine is non interfierencs engine so while I may be stranded, I wouldnt be out an engine.
Coop[/quote]
From what I read on gates.com, it is an interference engine.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""Jeff V.""]It's expensive, German maintenance. We can't even get you to crack a service manual on your Mitsu, and you think you're going to take on a BMW? Trust us, you don't want to go down that road.
Ford, GM, or Asian. Get a Kia Sportage. My mom loves hers. She's got a 40 mile round trip commute on terrible MI roads in crappy weather, and she drives it like it's a sports car. Not one problem in 3 years. Vira's Mazda is a great car, and I like the Kia even better than that.[/quote]
This is more what I wanted to hear.
I think I could take on a bmw, any vehicle I care about I would do what I need to. I quit caring about the crv years and years ago.
Coop
Ford, GM, or Asian. Get a Kia Sportage. My mom loves hers. She's got a 40 mile round trip commute on terrible MI roads in crappy weather, and she drives it like it's a sports car. Not one problem in 3 years. Vira's Mazda is a great car, and I like the Kia even better than that.[/quote]
This is more what I wanted to hear.
I think I could take on a bmw, any vehicle I care about I would do what I need to. I quit caring about the crv years and years ago.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Considering it's an interference engine, if the belt breaks, you probably won't be able to sell it for much. Seems like logical sense, especially when the kit is around $100 bucks including the water pump, to not fix it and risk it instead.
From what I read on gates.com, it is an interference engine.[/quote]
Did you look at the 97? I knew the 99-01s were. But from reading years ago I thought mine wasnt.
If its not I may be spending some time in the garage soon.
Coop
From what I read on gates.com, it is an interference engine.[/quote]
Did you look at the 97? I knew the 99-01s were. But from reading years ago I thought mine wasnt.
If its not I may be spending some time in the garage soon.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""DCIV""]Did you look at the 97? I knew the 99-01s were. But from reading years ago I thought mine wasnt.
If its not I may be spending some time in the garage soon.
Coop[/quote]
According to Gates.com, it is. It's still a B20 motor in all years. Just had a bit more power in the later years.
If its not I may be spending some time in the garage soon.
Coop[/quote]
According to Gates.com, it is. It's still a B20 motor in all years. Just had a bit more power in the later years.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""aaronatstate""]According to Gates.com, it is. It's still a B20 motor in all years. Just had a bit more power in the later years.[/quote]
I cant decied if I am glad I read this....or not. Lol.
Coop
I cant decied if I am glad I read this....or not. Lol.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""Jeff V.""]It's expensive, German maintenance. We can't even get you to crack a service manual on your Mitsu, and you think you're going to take on a BMW? Trust us, you don't want to go down that road.
Ford, GM, or Asian. Get a Kia Sportage. My mom loves hers. She's got a 40 mile round trip commute on terrible MI roads in crappy weather, and she drives it like it's a sports car. Not one problem in 3 years. Vira's Mazda is a great car, and I like the Kia even better than that.[/quote]
Good points.
Ford, GM, or Asian. Get a Kia Sportage. My mom loves hers. She's got a 40 mile round trip commute on terrible MI roads in crappy weather, and she drives it like it's a sports car. Not one problem in 3 years. Vira's Mazda is a great car, and I like the Kia even better than that.[/quote]
Good points.

Re: BMW X1
I'm pretty sure all Honda engines from at least the last 30 years are interference. Sure some people have gotten lucky but don't count on it.
DOGE
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: BMW X1
[quote=""vr4""]I'm pretty sure all Honda engines from at least the last 30 years are interference. Sure some people have gotten lucky but don't count on it.[/quote]
I mean I think it's a safe rule of thumb to assume all engines with timing belts have interference engines. I think it's a lot rarer to have one that isn't at least from what I've seen.
I mean I think it's a safe rule of thumb to assume all engines with timing belts have interference engines. I think it's a lot rarer to have one that isn't at least from what I've seen.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: BMW X1
The only one I've come across as non-interference is 90-05 Miata's.