The Full Monte

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

Uh huh :icon23:

Image
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15950
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Giggity
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: The Full Monte

Post by ChargerX3 »

Did you pull the trigger?
Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

Yes. Yes I did.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: The Full Monte

Post by ChargerX3 »

Nice timing! In for story.
Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

Not much of a story. Guy agreed to end the eBay auction early for 2300. He was about 20 miles from our house. Dunno how long this link will be good: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Mitsubish ... 3273111491

It needs some work. Most notably brakes, and a new muffler. The front tires are mismatched. I'm going to swap over the wheels and tires from the truck for now. There's some electrical gremlins too, but I can handle that. The rust isn't very bad at all.

It's a pig with those big ass tires on it. It'll just make me appreciate my Corvette more. :p
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: The Full Monte

Post by ChargerX3 »

That’s a great price for that clean of a Truck in good running condition. I like that it has minimal rust too. With those big 33’s you should have fun this winter. You ever had a a 4x4 with this much lift and off-road capability?
Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

It barely makes it up a hill, and the front end vibrates at random intervals. It weighs as much as a VR4 and has less than half the power. I don't care how cool the tires look. It sucks :p

The KC area gets more ice than snow. I don't need ground clearance. I need grip. I think the tires I have on the truck will fill that need. I'll figure out a long term solution once the truck runs under its own power.
Last edited by Jeff V. on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: The Full Monte

Post by ChargerX3 »

Haha. Welcome back to the 80’s/90’s. You’ve had it too good lately! Give it time. Maybe she will start to grow on you.

Yours come with rear lsd?
Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

No LSD.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: The Full Monte

Post by ChargerX3 »

Bummer. You going to look for an lsd unit?
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Duck Vader »

All this LSD talk is making me look for one for the XJ. Really don't think I need one in there, but ya know, can't leave shit alone.
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

I have no plans right now aside from fixing what needs to be fixed. Right now that's brakes, exhaust, and lighting.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: The Full Monte

Post by aaronatstate »

[quote=""Jeff V.""]It barely makes it up a hill, and the front end vibrates at random intervals. It weighs as much as a VR4 and has less than half the power. I don't care how cool the tires look. It sucks :p

The KC area gets more ice than snow. I don't need ground clearance. I need grip. I think the tires I have on the truck will fill that need. I'll figure out a long term solution once the truck runs under its own power.[/quote]

Time to stick that spare VR4 motor you have in there ;)
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Duck Vader »

Re-gear is better than more power with bigger tires.
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

There aren't many gearing options for Monteros. I'm not re-gearing this thing even if I could find parts. I'm just going to swap over the wheels and tires from the truck for now. They're practically new anyway. I think they're 31". I'll figure out a long term plan for tires once the truck runs under its own power.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: The Full Monte

Post by ChargerX3 »

No need to regear. 4.63’s will be good enough. Best you can do domestically is 4.9 anyways. Then it’s a hassle swapping everything over. Finding a 4.63 lsd rear out of a first gen isn’t super difficult. It’s also not bad swapping 3rd members out should the itch arise.

Like you I just need to get mine running properly first. That means tearing into the motor, and fixing leaks in the power steering, trans, and tc. My muffler is also separated from the exhaust.

I still can’t help planning for this build. I pulled the 4.63 lsd several years ago so that will eventually go in. I also will be swapping quite a few SR parts over as many of them are interchangeable improvements.
Image
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: The Full Monte

Post by DCIV »

Tires make a huge difference. It’s still gonna be a hog but tire size will change sooooo much.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Duck Vader »

Honestly didn't notice much change on the XJ going from 225 to 265.

What it the HP/TQ on these things? It is I want to say 190/225 on the 4.0 in the XJ. Also has 3.55 gears I think.
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25426
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: The Full Monte

Post by Jeff V. »

145 hp, 170 lb-ft.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
Post Reply