Another Coop idea
Moderator: Monochrome
Another Coop idea
I am thinking of selling the Humvee!
For a Land Rover Range Rover sport. Something in the 08-09 range, preferably supercharged, I see them with under 100k no supercharger for around 10k. With supercharger for around 12-15k. About what the Humvee is worth.
Yes. It will have issues. So will the Humvee. Thoughts?!
Coop
For a Land Rover Range Rover sport. Something in the 08-09 range, preferably supercharged, I see them with under 100k no supercharger for around 10k. With supercharger for around 12-15k. About what the Humvee is worth.
Yes. It will have issues. So will the Humvee. Thoughts?!
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
Add: not a daily, just a vehicle swap to the stable. Something that looks bad ass, has some awd history, could tow a trailer, yet drive to a country club if I wanted.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""ChargerX3""]What can you get for your truck?[/quote]
10-15k is what I see them go for. I think since I put a key in mine and been driving it that the high side is possible.
Coop
10-15k is what I see them go for. I think since I put a key in mine and been driving it that the high side is possible.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""vr4""]Sounds like a great idea[/quote]
I actually want to know what you think of the range rovers. Your usually dead on when it comes to vehicle reliability.
Coop
I actually want to know what you think of the range rovers. Your usually dead on when it comes to vehicle reliability.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""DCIV""]I actually want to know what you think of the range rovers. Your usually dead on when it comes to vehicle reliability.
Coop[/quote]
I wouldn't drive one if it's given to me and all I have to do is buy parts. They're very very expensive to maintain and typically need lots of it.
I have a friend with an 04 (BMW v8) it costs him 2-3k a year with me doing most of his work. It would be at least double that at a shop. He has to drive it every 3-4 days or the (brand new) battery dies. Completely normal per the local Rover specialist. It had the timing chains done before he got it... With 90k miles.
Coop[/quote]
I wouldn't drive one if it's given to me and all I have to do is buy parts. They're very very expensive to maintain and typically need lots of it.
I have a friend with an 04 (BMW v8) it costs him 2-3k a year with me doing most of his work. It would be at least double that at a shop. He has to drive it every 3-4 days or the (brand new) battery dies. Completely normal per the local Rover specialist. It had the timing chains done before he got it... With 90k miles.
DOGE
Re: Another Coop idea
Run away from Rover. Far away.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""vr4""]I wouldn't drive one if it's given to me and all I have to do is buy parts. They're very very expensive to maintain and typically need lots of it.
I have a friend with an 04 (BMW v8) it costs him 2-3k a year with me doing most of his work. It would be at least double that at a shop. He has to drive it every 3-4 days or the (brand new) battery dies. Completely normal per the local Rover specialist. It had the timing chains done before he got it... With 90k miles.[/quote]
Are they hard to diagnose or work on?
Coop
I have a friend with an 04 (BMW v8) it costs him 2-3k a year with me doing most of his work. It would be at least double that at a shop. He has to drive it every 3-4 days or the (brand new) battery dies. Completely normal per the local Rover specialist. It had the timing chains done before he got it... With 90k miles.[/quote]
Are they hard to diagnose or work on?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
Do you enjoy troubleshooting random electrical problems? If so, you'll love working on a Rover.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""mjannusch""]Do you enjoy troubleshooting random electrical problems? If so, you'll love working on a Rover.[/quote]
I thought that was a thing in the past. I knew they arnt reliable. I knew stuff for them is expensive. But no, I suck at electrical shit.
So people just pay to get these things fixed regularly? Why?
Coop
I thought that was a thing in the past. I knew they arnt reliable. I knew stuff for them is expensive. But no, I suck at electrical shit.
So people just pay to get these things fixed regularly? Why?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
They buy them, get them fixed several times in warranty (which usually takes weeks at a time), then sell them before the warranty expires and the buyer gets stuck with an unreliable piece of crap. That's the Range Rover life.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""DCIV""]I thought that was a thing in the past. I knew they arnt reliable. I knew stuff for them is expensive. But no, I suck at electrical shit.
So people just pay to get these things fixed regularly? Why?
Coop[/quote]
It's worse with Rover now than it used to be
[quote=""mjannusch""]They buy them, get them fixed several times in warranty (which usually takes weeks at a time), then sell them before the warranty expires and the buyer gets stuck with an unreliable piece of crap. That's the Range Rover life.[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself
So people just pay to get these things fixed regularly? Why?
Coop[/quote]
It's worse with Rover now than it used to be
[quote=""mjannusch""]They buy them, get them fixed several times in warranty (which usually takes weeks at a time), then sell them before the warranty expires and the buyer gets stuck with an unreliable piece of crap. That's the Range Rover life.[/quote]
Couldn't have said it better myself
DOGE
Re: Another Coop idea
*Taking bets that Coop will buy a Range Rover* 
Re: Another Coop idea
The person is stupid, I messaged them last night asking if it has sold and if I could see it. Didn’t respond till 1 today. I told them my bank was closed and I don’t carry around 12k and he shouldn’t accept a personal check. He said he has others waiting on money but if I wanted to see it I could this afternoon. So I said sure, 4-5 work? He said should but let me check with the wife. At 7 he txt me and said 5 works. I he obviously didn’t want to meet up today. So I’m not forcing it. I was ready to buy it though. Have the money and then would sell the Humvee after the fact. Seriously the dude could have had a sale but oh well. When he txt me Monday I will prob say sorry I was ready to buy it but you weren’t ready to show it to me.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""dbest671""]*Taking bets that Coop will buy a Range Rover*
[/quote]
I'm not taking that bet
I'm not taking that bet
DOGE
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""vr4""]I'm not taking that bet[/quote]
Hahaha. Not gonna happen. Yet. So I do think Im gonna sell the Humvee.
I am open to things in the 12-15k range that can pull a trailer, has 4x4, can correctly carry a car seat, and has AC.
I dont care if it has higher miles as long as it was something super nice. But I would prefer for it to be semi reliable.
Coop
Hahaha. Not gonna happen. Yet. So I do think Im gonna sell the Humvee.
I am open to things in the 12-15k range that can pull a trailer, has 4x4, can correctly carry a car seat, and has AC.
I dont care if it has higher miles as long as it was something super nice. But I would prefer for it to be semi reliable.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Another Coop idea
[quote=""DCIV""]Hahaha. Not gonna happen. Yet. So I do think Im gonna sell the Humvee.
I am open to things in the 12-15k range that can pull a trailer, has 4x4, can correctly carry a car seat, and has AC.
I dont care if it has higher miles as long as it was something super nice. But I would prefer for it to be semi reliable.
Coop[/quote]
I have an 07 Explorer with light damage that fits those requirements :d err:
I am open to things in the 12-15k range that can pull a trailer, has 4x4, can correctly carry a car seat, and has AC.
I dont care if it has higher miles as long as it was something super nice. But I would prefer for it to be semi reliable.
Coop[/quote]
I have an 07 Explorer with light damage that fits those requirements :d err:
