Page 1 of 1
Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:15 pm
by DCIV
I need some connectors to put two wires together that I want to be able to take apart. But the ones I used were so tight when I put them together when taking back apart it was too much work. And while I pulled the one I want out correctly when it let go it cause me to pull the wires out of the two other connectors.
Are there any clip connectors for single wires? Amazon isnt giving me any good selections.
Coop
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:32 pm
by BillyC
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:38 pm
by Jeff V.
Go to your favorite local auto store and look in their electrical section.
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:42 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""BillyC""]
Military_Connectors[/quote]
Funny but actually might be useful for later on.
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Go to your favorite local auto store and look in their electrical section.[/quote]
Thats what I have and I dont like them. I figure they were low bid and I could get much better somewhere online.
Coop
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:54 pm
by BillyC
I wasn't intending to be funny. They are likely overkill for your application, but they are great connectors.

Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:01 pm
by Jeff V.
Coop does tend to like overkill, so those might be perfect.
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:02 pm
by BillyC
yeah, kinda what I thought.

Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 pm
by DCIV
There are some that will be helpful on a Humvee project in the future. I also like how all 3 can come in one connector. But where is the step above autozone connector.
Coop
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 pm
by Jeff V.
It would help if you told us what you're doing and what you hope to accomplish.
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm
by DCIV
Well anything really but its my lawn mower wiring.
Coop
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:23 pm
by Hans_GZP
It would depend on what gauge wiring you are trying to connect.
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:52 pm
by DCIV
Small. 12gauge I would guess.
Coop
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:16 am
by stealthee
If you just want something quick and dirty you could get some insulated male and female spade connectors. Done and done.
Re: Electrical connectors
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:56 am
by DCIV
I wanted something better than that. Better than autozone.
Coop