Page 32 of 40
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2025 7:53 pm
by DCIV
Gah. I hate all these monthly payments too. It’s Netflix, Disney, ring, xm radio, and everything seems to want a subscription. I get it. That’s how they get paid a lot of money for a long time. But holy poop I’m getting annoyed by it all.
Coop
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2025 8:16 pm
by Duck Vader
Ya. That is why I am not doing it right now. I have a credit card, a personal loan, mortgage, her car payment, and the student loans. I owe $3k in taxes this year. I was supposed to get my dads estate money last year, that would have paid off the personal loan. But stepmother is being a dick about it. We keep going back and forth if we want to sell her Subaru. We can get more than we owe, but then would need to buy something to replace it since that would leave us with the vette and the Tundra only.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2025 9:20 pm
by vr4
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Wed Mar 05, 2025 8:16 pm
Ya. That is why I am not doing it right now. I have a credit card, a personal loan, mortgage, her car payment, and the student loans. I owe $3k in taxes this year. I was supposed to get my dads estate money last year, that would have paid off the personal loan. But stepmother is being a dick about it. We keep going back and forth if we want to sell her Subaru. We can get more than we owe, but then would need to buy something to replace it since that would leave us with the vette and the Tundra only.
I got a not-real-nice-anymore G37 for sale.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 4:12 am
by tabasco122
vr4 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 05, 2025 9:20 pm
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Wed Mar 05, 2025 8:16 pm
Ya. That is why I am not doing it right now. I have a credit card, a personal loan, mortgage, her car payment, and the student loans. I owe $3k in taxes this year. I was supposed to get my dads estate money last year, that would have paid off the personal loan. But stepmother is being a dick about it. We keep going back and forth if we want to sell her Subaru. We can get more than we owe, but then would need to buy something to replace it since that would leave us with the vette and the Tundra only.
I got a not-real-nice-anymore G37 for sale.
what happened to it? it looked damaged
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 3:52 pm
by vr4
tabasco122 wrote: ↑Fri Mar 07, 2025 4:12 am
vr4 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 05, 2025 9:20 pm
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Wed Mar 05, 2025 8:16 pm
Ya. That is why I am not doing it right now. I have a credit card, a personal loan, mortgage, her car payment, and the student loans. I owe $3k in taxes this year. I was supposed to get my dads estate money last year, that would have paid off the personal loan. But stepmother is being a dick about it. We keep going back and forth if we want to sell her Subaru. We can get more than we owe, but then would need to buy something to replace it since that would leave us with the vette and the Tundra only.
I got a not-real-nice-anymore G37 for sale.
what happened to it? it looked damaged
drunk jackass down the street from me ran into it.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2025 9:26 pm
by Duck Vader
Been running it without the fuel rail and coil covers.
Thoughts?
I kind of eventually want to do something to clean it up more, but I'm liking it without the covers for now.
Plus the drivers side is a pain to remove and put on. Lol.

Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 4:08 am
by Jeff V.
I really want to do something like this with mine if I ever get the MSD intake on. Coil relocation with some Katech or similar valve covers.
https://katechengines.com/i-30497813-ka ... truck.html
https://katechengines.com/c-1389304-par ... parts.html
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 4:33 am
by Duck Vader
I've looked into those and thought about it for sure. I've seen some nice ones.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 10:49 pm
by Duck Vader
Getting some vibration up over 100 I only feel in the steering wheel so going to take it in and have them check the wheel/tire balance.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 11:00 pm
by DCIV
At that speed it can be just about anything.
Coop
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2025 11:22 pm
by Duck Vader
Balances are free so figured I'd get that out of the way first.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2025 3:29 pm
by Duck Vader
Ordered a helmet this morning. Track opens up with Test/Tune April 5/6. Going to try and get down there for it depending on time and weather.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 12:51 am
by Duck Vader
The twin turbo C6 my tuner has as one of their shop cars. 7.9 @ 182 mph

Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 1:23 am
by DCIV
Wow. That’s impressive and scary.
Coop
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 1:26 am
by Duck Vader
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2025 11:54 pm
by Duck Vader
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2025 12:05 am
by Chris GTO TT
That's nutty
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2025 2:51 pm
by Duck Vader
As long as I can get a couple things sorted out, I plan on taking it to the local drag strip April 5 as long as weather is good to do a few test and tune runs.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2025 4:09 pm
by Duck Vader
Looks like I am set for Saturday. Kind of nervous honestly.

Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2025 4:16 pm
by vr4
id be tempted to come out but thats a long fkn drive just to watch for a couple hours