Small, "boxy", and awd?
Moderator: Monochrome
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Probably get a good set of summer tires and cheap wheels with winter tires then?
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Good all seasons and a set of dedicated winters. Either find a used set of oem alloys online or just get a package from tire rack.
DOGE
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
I'll have to price some stuff out.
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Keep the Kia and get a set of cheap wheels and snow tires from Tire Rack. I put Michelin X-Ice snow tires on our Volt and that thing works better in the snow than our new Silverado with 4WD.
No other investment is more worth it for safety in the snow.
No other investment is more worth it for safety in the snow.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Snow tires > * for winter. Period. All seasons are junk when the weather really hits. I'd take a RWD on snow tires over an AWD with all-seasons ANY day in bad weather.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... oYear=2017
Anyone ever have those? Can get them for 470 installed at Costco
Anyone ever have those? Can get them for 470 installed at Costco
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Those will be much better than whatever is on there now but iirc they do get loud as they wear.
DOGE
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... toModClar=
These are the tires we got for my wifes Explorer. They are fantastic in the snow for an all season (they have the 3 peak mountain symbol), fantastic in the wet, and good in the dry (super quiet too).
Yes they are $50 more per tire than the BFGs you posted, but they have almost double the tread rating so they will last significantly longer. Also you dont need an ultra high performance all season tire for a Kia Soul...
These are the tires we got for my wifes Explorer. They are fantastic in the snow for an all season (they have the 3 peak mountain symbol), fantastic in the wet, and good in the dry (super quiet too).
Yes they are $50 more per tire than the BFGs you posted, but they have almost double the tread rating so they will last significantly longer. Also you dont need an ultra high performance all season tire for a Kia Soul...

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
[quote=""aaronatstate""]https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... toModClar=
These are the tires we got for my wifes Explorer. They are fantastic in the snow for an all season (they have the 3 peak mountain symbol), fantastic in the wet, and good in the dry (super quiet too).
Yes they are $50 more per tire than the BFGs you posted, but they have almost double the tread rating so they will last significantly longer. Also you dont need an ultra high performance all season tire for a Kia Soul...[/quote]
Link didnt work.
Coop
These are the tires we got for my wifes Explorer. They are fantastic in the snow for an all season (they have the 3 peak mountain symbol), fantastic in the wet, and good in the dry (super quiet too).
Yes they are $50 more per tire than the BFGs you posted, but they have almost double the tread rating so they will last significantly longer. Also you dont need an ultra high performance all season tire for a Kia Soul...[/quote]
Link didnt work.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
When time comes to get tires, I will probably get whatever the best tire Costco has on sale at that time. Their prices with install tend to be really good.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Their price is good but I get tired of having to wait 4hours for a rotation, and if you don't have them do the rotation you loose the treadwear warranty. 
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
[quote=""DCIV""]Link didnt work.
Coop[/quote]
Works for me still. :d ontknow:
Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires is what I posted.
Coop[/quote]
Works for me still. :d ontknow:
Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires is what I posted.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Last time I compared pricing Costco was much better and offered a better warranty. That is why I used them for the Volt.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
For instance. I can get the same tires installed that I put on the Volt for $120 cheaper at Costco than Discount Tire.
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
Discount Tire Price matches everyone. Just take your quote over. They also have many stores, so you can do a quick rotation. Warranty should be just as good.

Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Works for me still. :d ontknow:
Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires is what I posted.[/quote]
I actually wanted to get a set of those for the avalanche. Read a lot of good things about them. Glad you like them.
Coop
Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires is what I posted.[/quote]
I actually wanted to get a set of those for the avalanche. Read a lot of good things about them. Glad you like them.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Discount Tire Price matches everyone. Just take your quote over. They also have many stores, so you can do a quick rotation. Warranty should be just as good.[/quote]
Typically they match the installed price but you need to buy their "certificates" to match Costco's warranty.
Typically they match the installed price but you need to buy their "certificates" to match Costco's warranty.
Re: Small, "boxy", and awd?
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Their price is good but I get tired of having to wait 4hours for a rotation, and if you don't have them do the rotation you loose the treadwear warranty.
[/quote]
The only time I've ever had a tire not outlast it's treadwear warranty is if there was something else wrong (alignment) or I was racing on them.
The only time I've ever had a tire not outlast it's treadwear warranty is if there was something else wrong (alignment) or I was racing on them.
DOGE