Page 4 of 8

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:05 pm
by Jeff V.

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:10 pm
by vr4
[quote=""Mike""]I'm trying to pick up a Cayenne this week or next. I wanna be that douche towing his Porsche with a Porsche.[/quote]

:like:

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:11 pm
by Duck Vader
That is the one. You found it.

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:21 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""] :suspect2:

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 19279.html[/quote]

You’ve lost your mind.


Coop

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:25 pm
by Chris GTO TT
:facepalm:

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""DCIV""]You’ve lost your mind.


Coop[/quote]

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""] :facepalm: [/quote]

:smartie:

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:55 pm
by Jeff V.
Good on gas. Practical. With some good M+S all seasons it'd be fine in the snow. It'd make a good first car for my nephew next spring. Explain to me how I've lost my mind.

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm
by Chris GTO TT
The are horrible hideous cars

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:07 pm
by Duck Vader
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Good on gas. Practical. With some good M+S all seasons it'd be fine in the snow. It'd make a good first car for my nephew next spring. Explain to me how I've lost my mind.[/quote]

Because this would be better:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 23040.html

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:10 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Because this would be better:

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto ... 23040.html[/quote]

I'm sure there is a redeeming value to that horrendously ugly vehicle. :lol:

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 pm
by Jeff V.
It's a Cobalt wagon. Taking aesthetics out of the equation, what's actually wrong with it?

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Good on gas. Practical. With some good M+S all seasons it'd be fine in the snow. It'd make a good first car for my nephew next spring. Explain to me how I've lost my mind.[/quote]

Not as reliable as a Honda, your nephew will get made fun of, it’s speeding ticket red, and it’s hideous.


Coop

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:27 pm
by Jeff V.
Coop wrote:Not as reliable as a Honda, your nephew will get made fun of, it’s speeding ticket red, and it’s hideous.
Removed all the aesthetic stuff for you. So it's not reliable. Got anything to back that up? I've never heard anything bad about the EcoTec engines. The rest is basic GM electronics that I'm familiar with.

Also, the seats and load area fold completely flat.

Image

Let's see who's laughing at him when he wants some alone time with a girl ;)

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""DCIV""]Not as reliable as a Honda, your nephew will get made fun of, it’s speeding ticket red, and it’s hideous.


Coop[/quote]

Image

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 pm
by vegasidol
[quote=""Jeff V.""]]

Let's see who's laughing at him when he wants some alone time with a girl ;) [/quote]

:rofl: :lmao: :rofl: :lmao:

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:50 pm
by alienviking
I can't really argue against Jeff here.. for a practical car that can haul stuff (and as a beater) it isn't a terrible choice. Yeah it ain't got the looks of an Aston, but..

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:55 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Removed all the aesthetic stuff for you. So it's not reliable. Got anything to back that up? I've never heard anything bad about the EcoTec engines. The rest is basic GM electronics that I'm familiar with.

Also, the seats and load area fold completely flat.

Image

Let's see who's laughing at him when he wants some alone time with a girl ;) [/quote]

Okay let’s see. Which do you see on the road more. The mini van in disguise or Honda Civic/accord? Yup you know I’m right.

You want to help him get laid..not a good life choice for a high schooler. Bad uncle.

Coop

Plus 2 for coop

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""vegasidol""]Image[/quote]

[quote=""alienviking""]I can't really argue against Jeff here.. for a practical car that can haul stuff (and as a beater) it isn't a terrible choice. Yeah it ain't got the looks of an Aston, but..[/quote]

Plus 2 more for Coop

Coop 4
Jeff 0


Coop

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:01 pm
by Jeff V.
Coop wrote:Okay let’s see. Which do you see on the road more. The mini van in disguise or Honda Civic/accord? Yup you know I’m right.
WTF does that have to do with reliability?

I don't have the time to dig up numbers right now, but I don't think the Civic outsold the GM Delta platform (Cobalt/Ion/G5/HHR) by nearly as much as you think it did.

Accord is a mid size car, so that's got nothing to do with this discussion. If I was talking about a Malibu or Fusion, then we could bring the Accord into this.

As far as my nephew goes, it was a joke. His social skills are nearly as poor as mine.

Re: Winter beater shopping

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""]WTF does that have to do with reliability?

I don't have the time to dig up numbers right now, but I don't think the Civic outsold the GM Delta platform (Cobalt/Ion/G5/HHR) by nearly as much as you think it did.

Accord is a mid size car, so that's got nothing to do with this discussion. If I was talking about a Malibu or Fusion, then we could bring the Accord into this.

As far as my nephew goes, it was a joke. His social skills are nearly as poor as mine.[/quote]

What does outsold have to do with reliability? Whoopie it sold a bunch...doesn’t mean it’s worth a flip, prob just meant it was cheaper or had a better initial warranty.

I commend you for giving it to your nephew and wish I had the same offer when I was growing up and will take anything. I could have piled tons of stuff to go to college in that thing.

Just my personal preference. Mini van wanna be is not as good as a civic.


Coop