Page 4 of 5

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:45 pm
by Chris95RT
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Anyone can polish a turd and make it look pretty/work for 90 days...

VDS is more important.[/quote]

Lol, no they can't.


[quote=""alienviking""]Yes I will poop on it because the fact that YES it also measures to some degree the fit and finish of the end product, it gets completely skewed by subjective opinions. I really don't care about the subjective opinions of the entertainment system or whether the seats are too narrow for the person's fat ass... I DO care about the actual quality issues.

This goes for all car companies. Not just Chrysler.[/quote]

If I recall and you read the full report, it does granularize things.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Mike""]There were a total of just under 28,000 C6 Z06es produced. Less than 5% of total production had the valve drop issue. I'm sorry that your buddy bought one that was affected, the fact remains that MOST owners weren't.

27,498 Challenger Hellcats have been produced across the past three years. You've managed to provide proof of like one car that hit a 10 out of the box under perfect conditions. Based on what you yourself have confirmed it is a mid 11 second car for the vast majority of drivers, meaning a novice will likely run slower than that.

Go ahead and buy your Hellcat. When you go out to the track and run a 12 your first time out you can complain to Dodge that it wasn't as advertised.[/quote]

Image

Dude, let it go. We already established that drag radials dont take away from stock status. Plenty of guys in the mid to upper 10's there. You bitched so hard about tires needing to come on the car from the factory, so I gave you an example. Its over, now move on.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:14 am
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Mike""]You and Jeff agreed that radials don't make much of a difference, which is absolute bullshit. Take the same car and put a better tire on it and it will run faster track, road course, autocross... Traction changes everything.
[/quote]

Thats fine if you dont agree. I dont care at this point. Stock car that runs in the 10s with or without factory tires. Point proven. Go pound sand.

[quote=""Mike""]
Plenty of guys in the mid to upper 10s sure, none of them bone stock like you said as you were fanboying from the brochure.
[/quote]
I said Stock and no brochure was included. You're saying bone stock. Either way point is mute and proven. Move along.

[quote=""Mike""]
Like I said, buy the fucking car and hit the track. You wanna shut me up? Post YOUR time slips and stop dick riding the handful of people with suspension and driveline mods that ran 10s in perfect conditions at known fast tracks (like Atco).
[/quote]
No suspension mods. Shaft and gears. Quit making things up and making excuses. You always this bitter when you are wrong? Its unbecoming.

[quote=""Mike""]
I don't get window shoppers, why do you need a parade to buy a fucking car? Buy it or STFU.[/quote]
So one has to purchase a car to talk about it? :rolleyes: Whats the harm in a good automotive conversation. You saying you've never started a thread about a vehicle you wanted?

I would like to think that some of us learned some new interesting facts about this car during the process.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 pm
by alienviking
Read this yesterday:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep/gra ... st-review/

Found some of their comparisons of the Trackhawk to the Hellcats (two and four doors) interesting. Was surprised by the numbers they quoted for the Hellcats.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:40 pm
by Chris95RT
So one has to purchase a car to talk about it? Whats the harm in a good automotive conversation. You saying you've never started a thread about a vehicle you wanted?

I would like to think that some of us learned some new interesting facts about this car during the process.
We have, just gonna go ahead and speak for everyone here and say we have.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:46 pm
by Chris95RT
To continue that conversation, in the quarter-mile test, the Trackhawk runs 11.7 seconds at 116.2 mph. Did you ever think we’d see the day when a production SUV runs the quarter in the 11s?
GOD DAMNIT FRODE.

That's so hot.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:03 pm
by alienviking
Also found it amusing how he mentioned he got tired of replacing tires on the Hellcat he had for a year and that it had zero chance of putting down all the power heh.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""alienviking""]Read this yesterday:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep/gra ... st-review/

Found some of their comparisons of the Trackhawk to the Hellcats (two and four doors) interesting. Was surprised by the numbers they quoted for the Hellcats.[/quote]

Excellent find amigo! Heavyweight yet so fast!

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:26 pm
by Jeff V.
Sounds like the Trackhawk is the one to buy. At least you get some practicality with all that mass.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:35 pm
by Chris95RT
It's 100k dude, I would buy the shit out of that if I could marry a doctor or something.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm
by alienviking
Yeah out of those 3 the Trackhawk is the one I would want..

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:46 pm
by Jeff V.
Chris wrote:It's 100k dude, I would buy the shit out of that if I could marry a doctor or something.
Give it 5 years. They'll be 40 grand.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm
by alienviking
Probably more like 3. It is a Chrysler after all.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:58 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Give it 5 years. They'll be 40 grand.[/quote]

[quote=""alienviking""]Probably more like 3. It is a Chrysler after all.[/quote]

I see what you did there. :cool:

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:10 pm
by Duck Vader
This should be your first mod if you get one:

https://www.facebook.com/GrandTourNatio ... =3&theater

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm
by Jeff V.
Guys, how about we settle this with a grudge race? I think Denver is roughly halfway for both of you. I'll buy the BBQ.

Re: Talk me down. The want is too strong

Posted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:20 pm
by Chris95RT
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Guys, how about we settle this with a grudge race? I think Denver is roughly halfway for both of you. I'll buy the BBQ.[/quote]


OOOO BUT OUR DEFINITION OF BBQ DIFFERS GREATLY SIR.