Duck Vader wrote: ↑Sun Nov 03, 2024 10:02 pm
Above 4k it comes alive big time.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2024 12:38 am
by Duck Vader
Ya. 120 comes as easily as 70 did before. I'll see what the weather does and see if I can get a video
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2024 7:20 pm
by Duck Vader
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2024 4:14 pm
by Duck Vader
Just for future reference and shits and giggles. This is some of the other paperwork they gave me.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2024 6:00 pm
by DCIV
Good advice.
Coop
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2024 9:48 pm
by Duck Vader
Video of cold start this morning now that it has had time to break in.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2024 11:33 pm
by ChargerX3
Sounds...America!
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2024 11:40 pm
by Duck Vader
Warm engine. Drove for about an hour or so. Couple quick blips to 4k rpm.
Going into winter storage mode starting tomorrow. Snow in the valley with a few inches here at the house and up to 20 in the mountains/hills around the area over the weekend in the forecast.
Going to be on a maintainer through the '"cigarette lighter" but might take out the battery completely instead and hook it up directly. Haven't decided yet. It is recommended on the forums to pump up the air in the tires to 40 for over the winter. Currently at 30. Not sure if I will.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2024 4:00 am
by Jeff V.
I've never over inflated my tires and I've never had problems with flats potting. I don't think it would hurt, but I also don't know if it's necessary if you're not on Cup tires.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2025 6:12 pm
by Duck Vader
Listening to videos with cams make me jealous. But ugh. So expensive for little return on investment without other major mods at my current levels.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2025 11:42 pm
by Duck Vader
Took it out of the garage today. Just to get it up to operating temp and make sure everything seemed OK. Gave it a few revs. Hearing that supercharger put a big smile on my face. Can't wait to take it out this weekend.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2025 2:14 pm
by Duck Vader
Quick Photoshop idea. When I was at the tint shop for the Tundra they had a matte black C8 in the back they let me look at. Closest I have been to a C8 so far. Awesome car up close. That said, we got to talking about my vette and discussing wrap prices. For about $700 he can do this and I am debating on it at some point just to give it something different instead of plain silver. Thoughts?
As it sits now:
What I would do:
I have also debated on a full wrap and make it a cool color, but since I plan on racing it and driving it hard, not sure if worth that full investment.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2025 2:28 pm
by Jeff V.
I like the roof and halo look, but I wouldn't do the hood. It looks weird where it joins the bumper.
Maybe a stinger style stripe down the middle?
I kind of like this style , without the goofy Jake logo.
Re: This can only end poorly
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2025 4:23 pm
by ChargerX3
Keep it as is or maybe a decal like Jeff mentioned.