This can only end poorly

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Chris GTO TT »

:like:
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by ChargerX3 »

Don't make it go boom... ok.
Image
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Jeff V. »

Shiny :)
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by DCIV »

So what’s next, mini tub?


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Above 4k it comes alive big time.
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15949
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Duck Vader wrote: ↑Sun Nov 03, 2024 10:02 pm Above 4k it comes alive big time.
:peelout:
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Ya. 120 comes as easily as 70 did before. I'll see what the weather does and see if I can get a video
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Just for future reference and shits and giggles. This is some of the other paperwork they gave me.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by DCIV »

Good advice.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Video of cold start this morning now that it has had time to break in.

User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by ChargerX3 »

Sounds...America!
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Warm engine. Drove for about an hour or so. Couple quick blips to 4k rpm.



Going into winter storage mode starting tomorrow. Snow in the valley with a few inches here at the house and up to 20 in the mountains/hills around the area over the weekend in the forecast.

Going to be on a maintainer through the '"cigarette lighter" but might take out the battery completely instead and hook it up directly. Haven't decided yet. It is recommended on the forums to pump up the air in the tires to 40 for over the winter. Currently at 30. Not sure if I will.
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Jeff V. »

I've never over inflated my tires and I've never had problems with flats potting. I don't think it would hurt, but I also don't know if it's necessary if you're not on Cup tires.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Listening to videos with cams make me jealous. But ugh. So expensive for little return on investment without other major mods at my current levels. :lol:
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Took it out of the garage today. Just to get it up to operating temp and make sure everything seemed OK. Gave it a few revs. Hearing that supercharger put a big smile on my face. Can't wait to take it out this weekend.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Duck Vader »

Quick Photoshop idea. When I was at the tint shop for the Tundra they had a matte black C8 in the back they let me look at. Closest I have been to a C8 so far. Awesome car up close. That said, we got to talking about my vette and discussing wrap prices. For about $700 he can do this and I am debating on it at some point just to give it something different instead of plain silver. Thoughts?

As it sits now:

Image

What I would do:

Image

I have also debated on a full wrap and make it a cool color, but since I plan on racing it and driving it hard, not sure if worth that full investment.
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by Jeff V. »

I like the roof and halo look, but I wouldn't do the hood. It looks weird where it joins the bumper.

Maybe a stinger style stripe down the middle?

Image

I kind of like this style , without the goofy Jake logo.

Image
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: This can only end poorly

Post by ChargerX3 »

Keep it as is or maybe a decal like Jeff mentioned.
Image
Post Reply