Page 26 of 39
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:19 am
by Chris GTO TT
Yeah well I'm a mess

Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 am
by Chris GTO TT
2011 Nissan Pathfinder?
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:55 am
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]2011 Nissan Pathfinder?[/quote]
I like. Just Nissan dont hold their value but that works well for you right now.
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:27 pm
by mjannusch
My sister likes their Nissan Xterra. Built on their F-Alpha truck platform, 4.0L 265hp V6, AWD. Gets the job done, and rugged.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:48 pm
by vr4
[quote=""mjannusch""]My sister likes their Nissan Xterra. Built on their F-Alpha truck platform, 4.0L 265hp V6, AWD. Gets the job done, and rugged.[/quote]
They're solid trucks. If the radiator hasn't been replaced the trans cooler leaks (I can't remember the issue years. 05-12 or so). Secondary timing chain shoes. Not a terribly difficult fix but it happens to all the 3.5 and 4.0s. I don't know why
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:55 pm
by DCIV
Steve what do you know about the escape 2.0 awds?
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:56 pm
by vr4
[quote=""DCIV""]Steve what do you know about the escape 2.0 awds?
Coop[/quote]
Not a damn thing. They came out after I left ford. Haven't even had one in the shop yet
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:58 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""vr4""]Not a damn thing. They came out after I left ford. Haven't even had one in the shop yet[/quote]
Think thats a good or bad thing?
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:02 pm
by vr4
[quote=""DCIV""]Think thats a good or bad thing?
Coop[/quote]
Hard to say. They're still new enough that most of them probably go to the dealer but I do see cars in the same age range here. They're somewhat popular so I would expect to get them in if they were trouble.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:11 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]2011 Nissan Pathfinder?[/quote]
Went and sat in one on Friday afternoon, wasn't comfortable for me. I felt the pedals were to close to the seat, and without a telescoping steering wheel I couldn't get my legs comfortable, and still be able to reach the steering wheel.
I almost bought this yesterday
https://www.cypressdieseltrucks.com/201 ... tails.aspx test drove it for 40+ miles including bringing it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It's basically equipped exactly how I'd want my F-150 just having a hard time with $28k (after tax and license) on a 100k mile vehicle.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:08 pm
by DCIV
That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:15 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Went and sat in one on Friday afternoon, wasn't comfortable for me. I felt the pedals were to close to the seat, and without a telescoping steering wheel I couldn't get my legs comfortable, and still be able to reach the steering wheel.
I almost bought this yesterday
https://www.cypressdieseltrucks.com/201 ... tails.aspx test drove it for 40+ miles including bringing it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It's basically equipped exactly how I'd want my F-150 just having a hard time with $28k (after tax and license) on a 100k mile vehicle.[/quote]
Thats a good truck. Loaded up with all the extras. If its any consolation my 2011 F150 was virtually perfect for up to 180k miles until my company made me trade it in. I towed with it, off roaded it, and it was solid/peppy up to its last day.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:26 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Thats a good truck. Loaded up with all the extras. If its any consolation my 2011 F150 was virtually perfect for up to 180k miles until my company made me trade it in. I towed with it, off roaded it, and it was solid/peppy up to its last day.[/quote]
Yeah, and after the 100k service there's not a whole lot to do maintenance wise out of the ordinary. It's just that at 100k it basically needs all fluids changed, spark plugs belt, and probably shocks in the not to distant future.
[quote=""DCIV""]That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop[/quote]
Yep but a 13 with 40k miles same equipment levels is $32k +$99 shipping at CarMax
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:40 pm
by DCIV
Whats wrong with two vehicles? An older Chevy v8 pick up to do any towing for around 5k. Then a decent car driver for 10k?
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:55 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I really don't want 4 cars at the house. 3 of which would likely need continuous tinkering for them to run right.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I really don't want 4 cars at the house. 3 of which would likely need continuous tinkering for them to run right.[/quote]
Thats fair.
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:37 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Here's the 2013 I was talking about. It would be be about $35k out the door.
https://www.carmax.com/car/16339773
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:51 pm
by DCIV
I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 pm
by aaronatstate
[quote=""DCIV""]That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop[/quote]
That's what you get when the truck costs $50k+ new....
[quote=""DCIV""]I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop[/quote]
Depends on the week...
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""DCIV""]I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop[/quote]
I'd ideally like to be at $23k-$25k out the door, so I can pay cash. I'm also considering up to $30k out the door but would have to take a loan out. I'm well aware the red truck is outside of my budget, so it's not likely to happen. It was more for comparisons sake.