Analysis Paralysis
Moderator: Monochrome
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Yeah well I'm a mess 
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
2011 Nissan Pathfinder?
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]2011 Nissan Pathfinder?[/quote]
I like. Just Nissan dont hold their value but that works well for you right now.
Coop
I like. Just Nissan dont hold their value but that works well for you right now.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Analysis Paralysis
My sister likes their Nissan Xterra. Built on their F-Alpha truck platform, 4.0L 265hp V6, AWD. Gets the job done, and rugged.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""mjannusch""]My sister likes their Nissan Xterra. Built on their F-Alpha truck platform, 4.0L 265hp V6, AWD. Gets the job done, and rugged.[/quote]
They're solid trucks. If the radiator hasn't been replaced the trans cooler leaks (I can't remember the issue years. 05-12 or so). Secondary timing chain shoes. Not a terribly difficult fix but it happens to all the 3.5 and 4.0s. I don't know why
They're solid trucks. If the radiator hasn't been replaced the trans cooler leaks (I can't remember the issue years. 05-12 or so). Secondary timing chain shoes. Not a terribly difficult fix but it happens to all the 3.5 and 4.0s. I don't know why
DOGE
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Steve what do you know about the escape 2.0 awds?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""DCIV""]Steve what do you know about the escape 2.0 awds?
Coop[/quote]
Not a damn thing. They came out after I left ford. Haven't even had one in the shop yet
Coop[/quote]
Not a damn thing. They came out after I left ford. Haven't even had one in the shop yet
DOGE
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""vr4""]Not a damn thing. They came out after I left ford. Haven't even had one in the shop yet[/quote]
Think thats a good or bad thing?
Coop
Think thats a good or bad thing?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""DCIV""]Think thats a good or bad thing?
Coop[/quote]
Hard to say. They're still new enough that most of them probably go to the dealer but I do see cars in the same age range here. They're somewhat popular so I would expect to get them in if they were trouble.
Coop[/quote]
Hard to say. They're still new enough that most of them probably go to the dealer but I do see cars in the same age range here. They're somewhat popular so I would expect to get them in if they were trouble.
DOGE
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]2011 Nissan Pathfinder?[/quote]
Went and sat in one on Friday afternoon, wasn't comfortable for me. I felt the pedals were to close to the seat, and without a telescoping steering wheel I couldn't get my legs comfortable, and still be able to reach the steering wheel.
I almost bought this yesterday https://www.cypressdieseltrucks.com/201 ... tails.aspx test drove it for 40+ miles including bringing it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It's basically equipped exactly how I'd want my F-150 just having a hard time with $28k (after tax and license) on a 100k mile vehicle.
Went and sat in one on Friday afternoon, wasn't comfortable for me. I felt the pedals were to close to the seat, and without a telescoping steering wheel I couldn't get my legs comfortable, and still be able to reach the steering wheel.
I almost bought this yesterday https://www.cypressdieseltrucks.com/201 ... tails.aspx test drove it for 40+ miles including bringing it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It's basically equipped exactly how I'd want my F-150 just having a hard time with $28k (after tax and license) on a 100k mile vehicle.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Went and sat in one on Friday afternoon, wasn't comfortable for me. I felt the pedals were to close to the seat, and without a telescoping steering wheel I couldn't get my legs comfortable, and still be able to reach the steering wheel.
I almost bought this yesterday https://www.cypressdieseltrucks.com/201 ... tails.aspx test drove it for 40+ miles including bringing it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It's basically equipped exactly how I'd want my F-150 just having a hard time with $28k (after tax and license) on a 100k mile vehicle.[/quote]
Thats a good truck. Loaded up with all the extras. If its any consolation my 2011 F150 was virtually perfect for up to 180k miles until my company made me trade it in. I towed with it, off roaded it, and it was solid/peppy up to its last day.
I almost bought this yesterday https://www.cypressdieseltrucks.com/201 ... tails.aspx test drove it for 40+ miles including bringing it home to see if it would fit in the garage. It's basically equipped exactly how I'd want my F-150 just having a hard time with $28k (after tax and license) on a 100k mile vehicle.[/quote]
Thats a good truck. Loaded up with all the extras. If its any consolation my 2011 F150 was virtually perfect for up to 180k miles until my company made me trade it in. I towed with it, off roaded it, and it was solid/peppy up to its last day.

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Thats a good truck. Loaded up with all the extras. If its any consolation my 2011 F150 was virtually perfect for up to 180k miles until my company made me trade it in. I towed with it, off roaded it, and it was solid/peppy up to its last day.[/quote]
Yeah, and after the 100k service there's not a whole lot to do maintenance wise out of the ordinary. It's just that at 100k it basically needs all fluids changed, spark plugs belt, and probably shocks in the not to distant future.
[quote=""DCIV""]That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop[/quote]
Yep but a 13 with 40k miles same equipment levels is $32k +$99 shipping at CarMax
Yeah, and after the 100k service there's not a whole lot to do maintenance wise out of the ordinary. It's just that at 100k it basically needs all fluids changed, spark plugs belt, and probably shocks in the not to distant future.
[quote=""DCIV""]That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop[/quote]
Yep but a 13 with 40k miles same equipment levels is $32k +$99 shipping at CarMax
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Whats wrong with two vehicles? An older Chevy v8 pick up to do any towing for around 5k. Then a decent car driver for 10k?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
I really don't want 4 cars at the house. 3 of which would likely need continuous tinkering for them to run right.
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I really don't want 4 cars at the house. 3 of which would likely need continuous tinkering for them to run right.[/quote]
Thats fair.
Coop
Thats fair.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
Here's the 2013 I was talking about. It would be be about $35k out the door.
https://www.carmax.com/car/16339773
https://www.carmax.com/car/16339773
Re: Analysis Paralysis
I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""DCIV""]That is a lot to spend on a 100k miles. Thats crazy.
Coop[/quote]
That's what you get when the truck costs $50k+ new....
[quote=""DCIV""]I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop[/quote]
Depends on the week...
Coop[/quote]
That's what you get when the truck costs $50k+ new....
[quote=""DCIV""]I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop[/quote]
Depends on the week...

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Analysis Paralysis
[quote=""DCIV""]I forget. Whats the budget again?
Coop[/quote]
I'd ideally like to be at $23k-$25k out the door, so I can pay cash. I'm also considering up to $30k out the door but would have to take a loan out. I'm well aware the red truck is outside of my budget, so it's not likely to happen. It was more for comparisons sake.
Coop[/quote]
I'd ideally like to be at $23k-$25k out the door, so I can pay cash. I'm also considering up to $30k out the door but would have to take a loan out. I'm well aware the red truck is outside of my budget, so it's not likely to happen. It was more for comparisons sake.