Page 25 of 25

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:16 pm
by ChargerX3
No problem. We have a car trailer too but picked up a dolly this year. Has itÂ’s perks.

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:36 am
by Chris GTO TT
I managed to snag this track day for $99, and because of the high temperatures I had only plan on running the morning 3 sessions. When I came off track at 11:30ish at the end of the 3rd session it was already 90ish. The heat and some excessive tire pressure led to the tires getting pretty well cooked. I was getting lots of rubber build up and then it would launch it off the tires.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:47 am
by DCIV
I have no idea what you mean?


Coop

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:54 am
by Jeff V.
That's great :bigthumb:

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:03 am
by Chris GTO TT
Coop,
Basically the rubber got hot enough to begin to get extra greasy. It then builds up on the tread as it's pushed around by cornering. Eventually the clag gets flung loose from the tire. You can see it in the 3rd picture. The rubber on the ground near the tire was pealed off the tread.

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:45 am
by vr4
Ohh those are cooked.


Regarding the trailer... Yeah a dolly would be significantly easier but if he were to go off and damage something using the dolly to get back might not work

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:24 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I also burned up the front pads so I placed an order for these and some new Centric Premium Rotors.

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Burning off the rubber build up on the rear tires is easy :p eelout:... Fronts are a little bit more difficult.

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 pm
by vr4
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I also burned up the front pads so I placed an order for these and some new Centric Premium Rotors.[/quote]

I'll be interested to see how they perform. I've got performance friction on my explorer right now. Haven't cooked them yet but also haven't run them as hard as I did when I destroyed the Z36 pads.

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:36 pm
by Chris GTO TT
The Jeff's people (corvette owners) really seem to like them on the track. Also they are the pads used by Bondurant so should be good enough for me.

Re: Bought a Miata

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 am
by Chris GTO TT
Put the stock wheels with the all season tires on today. Lows have been in the 30s the last few days.

Image
20181112_095029 by christobal65, on Flickr

Image
20181112_101119 by christobal65, on Flickr