Bought a Miata
Moderator: Monochrome
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata
Just fucking send it
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15951
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata
I already nearly put it in a ditch once on a cold rainy day with the RE11's on it, I'll pass.
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata
the last 3 reviews on that clutch kit are not favorable, maybe you should break it in properly lol.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18821
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Bought a Miata
I am usually not a huge fan of miatas, but man, that is a pretty car.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Bought a Miata
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Now that I have it running I put the 'winter' wheels and tires on since I'm planning on daily driving it for awhile to break in the clutch. I also put up a reminder to start it in neutral as Flyin Miata recommends.
[/quote]
Why do they recommend this?
[/quote]
Why do they recommend this?

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata
The black makes it look so much better than mine.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Why do they recommend this?[/quote]
I think it's more for the stage two, but it's to prevent the Thrust bearing from being trashed from the added pp force of starting it before oil is flowing.
I think it's more for the stage two, but it's to prevent the Thrust bearing from being trashed from the added pp force of starting it before oil is flowing.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Bought a Miata
Some miatas had issues with crank walk like the dsms
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15951
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata
[quote=""Duck Vader""]I am usually not a huge fan of miatas, but man, that is a pretty car.[/quote]Thanks black makes it photograph pretty well, but I honestly prefer them in white.
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Why do they recommend this?[/quote]
[quote=""tabasco122""]I think it's more for the stage two, but it's to prevent the Thrust bearing from being trashed from the added pp force of starting it before oil is flowing.[/quote]
basically its one of the only weak points on the Miata BP engine. As part of the clutch kit FM includes a bracket that clips over the clutch depressed switch so you can start it without pressing the clutch.
[quote=""aaronatstate""]Why do they recommend this?[/quote]
[quote=""tabasco122""]I think it's more for the stage two, but it's to prevent the Thrust bearing from being trashed from the added pp force of starting it before oil is flowing.[/quote]
Re: Bought a Miata
Damn. We just slam new clutches into new builds and beat the shit out of them on the dyno immediately. None of this "break in" nonsense!!!!
First to 184 million 
Re: Bought a Miata
Easy break-in is designed to make sure when the thing fails, you are already out of warranty.
-Matt
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
'21 Corvette Stingray HTC Z51
'95 3000GT Spyder VR4 (11.838@117.56)
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15951
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata
Depending on how FM does its warranty I may already be out of the warranty period... I bought it in October of 2016.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15951
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata
and something in the clutch hydraulics let go on the way home today. Pumping the clutch gets me enough pressure to shift, but the pressure eventually bleeds off letting the input shaft spin again. No leaks at the new slave, so it might be the master 
Re: Bought a Miata
No external leaks... It's a master. Either leaking inside the firewall or internally bypassing.
DOGE
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15951
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata
[quote=""vr4""]No external leaks... It's a master. Either leaking inside the firewall or internally bypassing.[/quote]
Yeah I was leaning towards it internally bypassing as the reservoir was still completely full.
Yeah I was leaning towards it internally bypassing as the reservoir was still completely full.
Re: Bought a Miata
I mean you could be ballooning the soft line but that'll usually pop and shouldnt allow you to build pressure from repeated pumping.
DOGE
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15951
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bought a Miata
[quote=""vr4""]I mean you could be ballooning the soft line but that'll usually pop and shouldnt allow you to build pressure from repeated pumping.[/quote]
no more soft lines hard line to braided SS line now
no more soft lines hard line to braided SS line now
Re: Bought a Miata
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]no more soft lines hard line to braided SS line now
[/quote]
I figured you did that while it was apart
I figured you did that while it was apart
DOGE
Re: Bought a Miata
Look up under the dash where the master rod comes through. You might see a few wet spots. It doesn't have to leak much to cause pedal loss.

