Page 3 of 12
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:20 pm
by CursedFish
[quote=""Hans_GZP""]Looks like the IPS 16G setup might make some power if my front turbo stays together. The turbos they sent me were evo 3 GT turbos... those chinese knocks offs *that someone on 3si says they don't use*.[/quote]
That's retarded. I seem to remember Jeff stating multiple times to assure everyone that they weren't.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:25 pm
by CursedFish
Meh, I couldn't find out if he actually said it or not. I DO remember a thread where someone had gotten the shitty ones from ebay or another distributor. Whatever. That sucks regardless.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:10 pm
by Hans_GZP
Jeremy said it in a thread. It's going to be hard to find since he's such a post whore haha.
Now I gotta figure out why the car has no fuel and spark after I nailed the rev limiter. Uber GHEY
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:17 pm
by Monochrome
How do you have the rev limiter configured? Does it cut both fuel and spark?
Melt the O2 sensor wire?

Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 pm
by Jeff V.
Melt the O2 sensor wire?
My car doesn't even have O2 sensors, and it runs fine

Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 pm
by Monochrome
[quote=""Gatecrasher""]My car doesn't even have O2 sensors, and it runs fine

[/quote]
LOL
It happened to Em's car on it's maiden voyage. The O2 sensor wire was just dangling on the DP, it melted, and shorted causing the ECU fuse to blow.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 pm
by Hans_GZP
It cuts fuel at 7500 and ignition at 7600. You should have seen the fireball that came out of the exhaust haha. Running 10.2 afr's at redline (ouch).
No melted wires... only have a wideband on the rear O2 housing. IPS's front O2 housing didn't allow for me to put in the O2 sensor since the bung was facing straight up to the manifold.
The ECI fuse is good as well as the fuel fuse inside the car. Crank and cam angle sensors are outputting a signal. I tried unplugging the ecu for 10 minutes and trying again and nothing different happened.
When the car cut out the tach just dropped to zero. I'm going to check the PTU, but the ems is seing a tach signal of 150 rpms when the car is cranking to start.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:20 pm
by Monochrome
Is there connectivity between pin 58 at the ECU and the tach pin at the PTU?
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:47 pm
by Hans_GZP
Well, the PTU was the problem. Damn plug came out when it back fired... that's how bad that back fire was. I told you guys you should have seen it haha.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:57 am
by Nightdust

I just want stuff...
-sub/amp
-rear spoiler (not ricer style, just the low stock type one)
-front underbody spoiler
-side strakes
- hard top
-tinted windows
-new tires
-maybe a turbo...dunno

Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:47 am
by Zentelis
[quote=""MyGuyLove3kGTs""]-maybe a turbo...dunno

[/quote]
years ago when people said that, I'd be all like "that's awesome! go for it! It'll be so fast!"
Now-adays, I just think "what an incredible sum of money for a really big on-going headache"

I'm jaded.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:04 am
by Jeff V.
Now-adays, I just think "what an incredible sum of money for a really big on-going headache"
We should form a support group.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:59 am
by vr4
97.....
got 450s in. found out its holding 15 psi to redline after cranking the boost up more. now to get the WB in and just see how high i can take this bitch
mods as it sits...
supra pump
dsm blue tops
k&n fipk
DR downpipe/testpipe
blitz BOV
SBC-ID
safc NEO
yes. they are still 9bs. when it was holding 13 psi to redline i pulled intake pipes and checked. this car has never been apart in any way.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:47 pm
by Hans_GZP
I had to replace my gas tank last night. Apparently there was some rust build up and it clogged the fuel pump filter which was causing my irradic fuel pressure. I'm so glad that's fixed.
Oh, and the front turbo seems to be fine. I rolled the car off of the dyno to find an O2 bung plug that and fallen out of the front O2 housing. I slapped a better one on there that I can actually get a wrench on and tighten. So far, so good.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:08 pm
by Terry
Looks like my car has a to do list before OC now...
- Find out where tranny is leaking and why the fluid looks dark gray/silver.
Pretty sure it's an axle seal (as far as the leak go). Gonna swap one in and see what happens. Dad and brother seem the fluid has some water in it which would cause it to look funny.
Terry
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:06 am
by SeanVr4
[quote=""Hans_GZP""]-get IC pipes back from welder *DONE*
-put in new autometer wiring harness for one of my nexus gauges *DONE*
-make trim panel to hold 2 gauges in center vent opening *DONE*
-tune aem ems for driveability *tuned for idle right now*
-button up some of the interior *DONE*
-change engine oil twice *DONE*
-wire in radiator fans *DONE*
-detail car
-drive to ocean city, md with what looks to be the only 98 vr4 WHOOT
added
-try to get the car inspected before I leave *got it covered*
-make sure fuel pressure is ok
So far it made 300 awhp at 8 psi and a really rich tune with no real timing advance and only taking it up to 5000 rpms. Fuel map started to get a little hairy after that point so I shut it down. Looks like the IPS 16G setup might make some power if my front turbo stays together. The turbos they sent me were evo 3 GT turbos... those chinese knocks offs *that someone on 3si says they don't use*.[/quote]
so u havent gotten great service from that 3s vender either? i always thought he was good until some transactions
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:09 am
by SeanVr4
no ecg for me....adding one if not 2 more 3s's to my collection this wkend....
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:25 am
by vr4
another IPS failure. nice.
i should start a list of IPS complaints.
Re: Post your car's "To-Do" list!! Come on.. we've all got em!!
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:49 am
by My92Stealth
Here's the list for my TT:
15g's
650cc injectors
Install Safc
99 lifters
boomslang harness
new clutch
fuel pump
possible DMS sidemounts, if needed
custom exhaust
change all fluids
I have the 15gs, 99 lifters, injectors, and safc... I'm waiting to actually aquire everything until i do the convo, but im not really in a hurry.