Page 3 of 3

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:14 pm
by DCIV
I love it.


Coop

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:47 pm
by Duck Vader
Need to confirm but pretty sure my neighbor has a sniper system he took off one of his cars. Wonder if it would work on this. I'll have to see what one he has

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:27 pm
by ChargerX3
Probably have to upgrade the fuel tank, pump and lines to the engine. That's a bit more expensive if you do.

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:56 pm
by Duck Vader
I'm going to look into it. Or maybe I'll swap the carb from the chevelle on if it will work and put the efi on the chevelle for now. Just something to think about

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:19 am
by Chris GTO TT
I think the biggest thing you need is a return fuel line. Then you run an in-line pump

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:24 am
by Duck Vader
It's weird with the 2 tanks apparently. Even the shop said if I try it, they see a lot come in with issues. Especially on the dual tanks.

Looking into it, the carb on the chevelle is more than adequate for the truck. So the question is do I get a similar set up for about $650 on the truck, or do something different on the chevelle and transfer it over? Just needs a Ford kick down plate for $15

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:58 am
by Chris GTO TT
Yeah probably because you have to switch the feed and return and people probably don't account for that.

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:10 pm
by Duck Vader
Little album of the piece of shit from cars and coffee this morning

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:15 am
by tabasco122
god that wiring lmao

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:43 pm
by Duck Vader
Right? It gives me anxiety every time I pop the hood. But I also just wanted to get it running. Not exactly sure what I want to do with the wiring. Pull it all and run a new kit entirely, or just try and clean it up more.

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:15 pm
by Duck Vader
So previous owners at one point swapped engines and rear end. Tag says 400 engine. I have 460 from a car. Rear is supposed to be a dana 70 limited slip 4.10. It's got an open diff dana 60 with 3.55. Going to see if I can source a decent 70 with 410 and limited slip.

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:25 pm
by DCIV
I love my 4:10’s. I’m in total support of that!


Coop

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:41 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I love my 3.55s, but I also have a 10spd and 500lbft of tq sooo...:lol:

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:02 pm
by DCIV
Yeah I only have 455ft lbs.

Coop

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:03 pm
by vr4
Duck Vader wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:24 am It's weird with the 2 tanks apparently. Even the shop said if I try it, they see a lot come in with issues. Especially on the dual tanks.

Looking into it, the carb on the chevelle is more than adequate for the truck. So the question is do I get a similar set up for about $650 on the truck, or do something different on the chevelle and transfer it over? Just needs a Ford kick down plate for $15
ford did efi with dual tanks so just look at how they did it. IIRC both feed and return lines run through the valve so fuel returns to the correct tank.

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:50 pm
by Duck Vader
Was able to get a new in box holley 4160 750 cfm carb for $250. So Ya. Going that route for now. Saving up for the big block chevy swap in the chevelle