Flash issue
Moderator: Monochrome
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Flash issue
Does the tactrix light up when you turn the key on? No USB plugged in.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Flash issue
No
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""DCIV""]No
Coop[/quote]
Just double checking the key was in the run position, not just the ACC position correct?
If it was in the run position, something is messed up for sure, and I am not sure where to go.
Coop[/quote]
Just double checking the key was in the run position, not just the ACC position correct?
If it was in the run position, something is messed up for sure, and I am not sure where to go.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Flash issue
So....before with the whole 8v...nope I had it on the wrong setting. I put it on the correct one, nothing.
Enter Adam email.
I emailed Adam, he asked for pictures. I sent them, he thought he might have switched the red/black wire. So I checked the black wire for voltage. Nope. I checked other pins in the obd connector, yup they had verying levels of voltage.
I dont know whats going on.
Coop
Enter Adam email.
I emailed Adam, he asked for pictures. I sent them, he thought he might have switched the red/black wire. So I checked the black wire for voltage. Nope. I checked other pins in the obd connector, yup they had verying levels of voltage.
I dont know whats going on.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Flash issue
So I blew an eci fuse....wow. Now black wire shows 11.7 and red 3. Wires are reversed. Now when this baby chills out I can go switch them!
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Flash issue
It flashed. It flashed. It flashed!!!!!
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15948
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Flash issue
Fucking finally!
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Fucking finally![/quote]
No. Joke! Now to do what I wanted to do the entire time. Log some Wideband. Except you have to scale it. I did the 10-20 but its still way off from what the gauge says. Also smells rich in the exhaust. I think that might be because the fuel pressure is still a little high. Gonna do a lot of little things tomorrow. Hopefully get this thing running better!
Coop
No. Joke! Now to do what I wanted to do the entire time. Log some Wideband. Except you have to scale it. I did the 10-20 but its still way off from what the gauge says. Also smells rich in the exhaust. I think that might be because the fuel pressure is still a little high. Gonna do a lot of little things tomorrow. Hopefully get this thing running better!
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""aaronatstate""]That's great that it is pre-wired...verify that wires are running between the correct pins. 56 ECU to 2 OBDI and 51 ECU to 6 OBD1.[/quote]
[quote=""DCIV""]So I blew an eci fuse....wow. Now black wire shows 11.7 and red 3. Wires are reversed. Now when this baby chills out I can go switch them!
Coop[/quote]
So, basically even though I told you to check this, and you said you would verify, you didnt... Now tell me why we should try and help with issues in the future?
[quote=""DCIV""]So I blew an eci fuse....wow. Now black wire shows 11.7 and red 3. Wires are reversed. Now when this baby chills out I can go switch them!
Coop[/quote]
So, basically even though I told you to check this, and you said you would verify, you didnt... Now tell me why we should try and help with issues in the future?

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18121
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: Flash issue
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""aaronatstate""]That's great that it is pre-wired...verify that wires are running between the correct pins. 56 ECU to 2 OBDI and 51 ECU to 6 OBD1.[/quote]
Okay aaron, you made me make an imgur account so kudos.
Pin 56 goes to 2 in the OBD connector and according the directions and that wire is red.
Obviously this connector has to be turned around to enter the ecu and thus the far side is pin 56. (note my wideband connection job sucks)
for kicks and blurry images here is the obd connector.

Maybe I am still reading connectors wrong but I view it as if you spin that connector around and put it in the back of the ecu then the red wire goes to pin 56. Maybe looking at it like this its pin 51....honestly it really is confusing to me.
If I am wrong aaron, I am sorry.....its not like I am trying to be wrong and enjoy the car not working all while putting in massive amounts of my time on it. You know how hard it is to get any time with the car with a young kid and so no I dont enjoy beating my head against the wall. But to me if you spin that plug around to hook into the ecu the red goes to pin 56 which is exactly what you said.
Coop
Okay aaron, you made me make an imgur account so kudos.
Pin 56 goes to 2 in the OBD connector and according the directions and that wire is red.
Obviously this connector has to be turned around to enter the ecu and thus the far side is pin 56. (note my wideband connection job sucks)
for kicks and blurry images here is the obd connector.

Maybe I am still reading connectors wrong but I view it as if you spin that connector around and put it in the back of the ecu then the red wire goes to pin 56. Maybe looking at it like this its pin 51....honestly it really is confusing to me.
If I am wrong aaron, I am sorry.....its not like I am trying to be wrong and enjoy the car not working all while putting in massive amounts of my time on it. You know how hard it is to get any time with the car with a young kid and so no I dont enjoy beating my head against the wall. But to me if you spin that plug around to hook into the ecu the red goes to pin 56 which is exactly what you said.
Coop
Last edited by DCIV on Sun May 20, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Flash issue
You read the factory diagrams from this direction.

So 51 would be at the top left, 56 at the top right, 57 bottom left, 62 bottom right.
That's for factory diagrams. Other people could do them differently. But as far as I've seen, most diagrams follow this style.
BTW, it looks like your terminal for pin 52 isn't pushed in all the way.

So 51 would be at the top left, 56 at the top right, 57 bottom left, 62 bottom right.
That's for factory diagrams. Other people could do them differently. But as far as I've seen, most diagrams follow this style.
BTW, it looks like your terminal for pin 52 isn't pushed in all the way.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""Jeff V.""]You read the factory diagrams from this direction.
So 51 would be at the top left, 56 at the top right, 57 bottom left, 62 bottom right.
That's for factory diagrams. Other people could do them differently. But as far as I've seen, most diagrams follow this style.
BTW, it looks like your terminal for pin 52 isn't pushed in all the way.[/quote]
So when that plug is plugged into the back it doesnt correspond? Its basically flipped? How does anyone keep any of this strait?
Its all the way in. I stripped to much and this the wire is showing. Doesnt matter, needs to go on the other side.
Coop
So 51 would be at the top left, 56 at the top right, 57 bottom left, 62 bottom right.
That's for factory diagrams. Other people could do them differently. But as far as I've seen, most diagrams follow this style.
BTW, it looks like your terminal for pin 52 isn't pushed in all the way.[/quote]
So when that plug is plugged into the back it doesnt correspond? Its basically flipped? How does anyone keep any of this strait?
Its all the way in. I stripped to much and this the wire is showing. Doesnt matter, needs to go on the other side.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""DCIV""]So when that plug is plugged into the back it doesnt correspond? Its basically flipped? How does anyone keep any of this strait?
Its all the way in. I stripped to much and this the wire is showing. Doesnt matter, needs to go on the other side.
Coop[/quote]
It is not flipped. Like has been said multiple times you look at the connector from the side the wires go into the connector. The diagrams have the slots that are in the connector to make sure they go in right to reference off of as well.
Another way of saying it is, you are looking directly at the pins on the ECU. So when the connector is plugged into the ECU you are looking at the back of the connector where the wires go in, and they match up to the ECU pins.
I also asked you to check the wires went to the right pins, regardless of what color the directions said, saying they might be backwards (which they were). If you had ignored colors and checked, we could have saved a few days, since we would have known right then that the wires were backwards.
Its all the way in. I stripped to much and this the wire is showing. Doesnt matter, needs to go on the other side.
Coop[/quote]
It is not flipped. Like has been said multiple times you look at the connector from the side the wires go into the connector. The diagrams have the slots that are in the connector to make sure they go in right to reference off of as well.
Another way of saying it is, you are looking directly at the pins on the ECU. So when the connector is plugged into the ECU you are looking at the back of the connector where the wires go in, and they match up to the ECU pins.
I also asked you to check the wires went to the right pins, regardless of what color the directions said, saying they might be backwards (which they were). If you had ignored colors and checked, we could have saved a few days, since we would have known right then that the wires were backwards.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Flash issue
I did check pins. I thought I was looking what went into the ecu from the back. So I thought it was correct. Didnt realize you look at the front of connectors. Still in my mind the red does go to the correct spot on the ecu.
But oh no I made a mistake, lets chastise me....not like the person who messes with these day in and day out messed up.
Coop
But oh no I made a mistake, lets chastise me....not like the person who messes with these day in and day out messed up.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Flash issue
[quote=""DCIV""]I did check pins. I thought I was looking what went into the ecu from the back. So I thought it was correct. Didnt realize you look at the front of connectors. Still in my mind the red does go to the correct spot on the ecu.[/quote]
I said multiple times you look at it from the side the wires go into the connector...Even now, that you know they were switched, you still won't accept they are in the wrong spot because in your mind it goes to the right spot...Your mind is wrong, accept the industry standard, and now that you understand the standard, use it to your advantage.
[quote=""DCIV""]But oh no I made a mistake, lets chastise me....not like the person who messes with these day in and day out messed up.
Coop[/quote]
We aren't/weren't chastising you because you made a mistake. It does get infuriating trying to help though, when you won't do something as simple as creating an account to host pictures. If we had been able to see pictures, we could have figured out the issue 5 days ago.
I said multiple times you look at it from the side the wires go into the connector...Even now, that you know they were switched, you still won't accept they are in the wrong spot because in your mind it goes to the right spot...Your mind is wrong, accept the industry standard, and now that you understand the standard, use it to your advantage.
[quote=""DCIV""]But oh no I made a mistake, lets chastise me....not like the person who messes with these day in and day out messed up.
Coop[/quote]
We aren't/weren't chastising you because you made a mistake. It does get infuriating trying to help though, when you won't do something as simple as creating an account to host pictures. If we had been able to see pictures, we could have figured out the issue 5 days ago.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
Re: Flash issue
No I understand pin placement now. Yes the hosting needed to happen.
Yes you chastised me, tell me why we should help you or threatened. Either way.
Coop
Yes you chastised me, tell me why we should help you or threatened. Either way.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Flash issue
I'm not talking about the wire itself. You can see the back of the square metal terminal. It's not pushed in all the way.
There's a locking tab on the outside of the connector housing that you need to open in order to install terminals.
There's a locking tab on the outside of the connector housing that you need to open in order to install terminals.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Flash issue
Gotcha. Well maybe it will be easy to get out since it has to go to the other side anyways.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: Flash issue
Cut the end off that Wideband wire. Put on a new pin, put in next to the black wire (as it should be the red wire). Made sure it wouldnt come back out. Not logging Wideband.
Just one wire, white, comes out of my Wideband and thats what I ran over.
I just cant win with this shut.
Coop
Just one wire, white, comes out of my Wideband and thats what I ran over.
I just cant win with this shut.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points