Page 3 of 6
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 am
by tabasco122
I would be fine with mid-high 12s. 3500 and change isnt that heavy. Its still lighter than camaros/most mustangs/etc.
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:15 am
by tabasco122
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 am
by tabasco122
I actually thought about going to tx2k. I'd have to stay at my dads and I don't think I can tolerate him for 2 days though
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:03 am
by Chris GTO TT
Why are we talking about a BMW in a Miata thread?

Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:55 am
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Why are we talking about a BMW in a Miata thread?

[/quote]

Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 am
by Hans_GZP
Black and yellow, or white and purple?
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:19 pm
by green-lantern
It's White and Gold!
Re: Bought a miata...
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:53 am
by tabasco122
After a wash, I'm hoping I can wet sand it and maybe it will look this shiny all the time. I do want to paint it eventually, but first I will be replacing the gaskets and bushings to kinda bring it up to snuff.
Then probably building some coilovers with bilstein struts and eBay sleeves. Not sure on spring rates yet, but I want nb top hats with fcm or similar bump stops.
Once that is all sorted out, I'll probably be putting together a budget turbo setup, shooting for 200-250whp. All this is assuming I keep the car lol. I always change my mind.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:04 pm
by Hans_GZP
If you have an air compressor and a DA, you can get sandpaper for it to wet sand the car pretty quickly. We go 1000, 1500, to 3000 grit. Then buff it out with 1 compound and 1 polishing compound. If the paint is really garbage, you can even start with 600 grit.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 pm
by tabasco122
i was going to do it by hand one panel at a time. Think its worth it to go higher than 1000? paint is a good color, just wasnt applied very well and wasnt finished at all really. It looks almost dull grey in normal light, but shine a light on it or get it wet and it looks pretty decent. Its all just temporary anyway really.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:29 pm
by tabasco122
You can tell they did nothing to the bumpers, the paint just flakes off and you can see the stock paint smooth as can be underneath.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:32 pm
by tabasco122
Another one lol...
Needs a wash, and the headlights sanded. Tackling valve stems Monday.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:00 am
by tabasco122
Hit the headlights with a 3m kit. Was going to do valve stems today but opted to wait till tomorrow due to needing to drain coolant and stuff, not set up for that here and had to go buy some stuff since my drain pans and containers are with the forester at my moms place.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:28 pm
by Duck Vader
If I could fit in one I would probably eventually buy one of these for the wife. She loves them.
Re: Bought a Miata...
Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:50 pm
by tabasco122
Looks like it has factory Bilsteins, and 99% sure it has a torsen according to Chris. Pretty damn sweet.