[quote=""DCIV""]One of the firemans dad just bought a brand new Colorado, I sat in it and I liked it.
How much more is the diesel option? And yes if you werent gonna tow than I prob would get a new Colorado over a used alpha.
Coop[/quote]
The diesel is $3,980-$5,745 more depending on which trim you get it in. Also a V6 Colorado or diesel Colorado has a higher towing capacity than the Alpha
[quote=""aaronatstate""]The diesel is $3,980-$5,745 more depending on which trim you get it in. Also a V6 Colorado or diesel Colorado has a higher towing capacity than the Alpha [/quote]
Not only that the Colorado is SAE J2807 rated where as the H3 is rated more akin to 'yeah we think it will tow that.'
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Not only that the Colorado is SAE J2807 rated where as the H3 is rated more akin to 'yeah we think it will tow that.'[/quote]
Soooo. Coop was right.
Coop wins.
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
The Canyon/Colorado were rated to defined SAE towing specs. The H3 Alpha was rated before those were defined and each manufacturer had their own towing tests which really couldn't be compared.
So in other words, you couldn't be more wrong. Coop loses.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
[quote=""aaronatstate""]No, quite the opposite actually.
The Canyon/Colorado were rated to defined SAE towing specs. The H3 Alpha was rated before those were defined and each manufacturer had their own towing tests which really couldn't be compared.
So in other words, you couldn't be more wrong. Coop loses.[/quote]
Hmmmm. I would still get the Colorado.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
We had it chemically stripped of the outer chrome later. The brown is residual copper. I think the silver areas are nickel.
We want to do the grille body color. A new unpainted one is ~$300, and finding an orange one on the used market is unlikely. The majority of them had chrome grilles.
Anyway, ours was peeling and we found a shop that was willing to try stripping it. We paid $75. It left behind a lot more metal than I'd like. I'm going through sanding discs like they're candy, and I'm not even halfway done.
We'll see how much work I put into it when it's all said and done.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
I can get some rattle cans from Automotive Touchup. I might do that in the short term, and then get it re-done professionally if we decide to keep it long term. The rear fender flares have a ton of stone chips, and I'd like to get those done as well.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata