Page 16 of 34

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:01 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Hmmm not sure why the instagram link didn't work. I uploaded a video to youtube.

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:08 am
by Chris GTO TT

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:10 pm
by ChargerX3
V10 diesel?

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:28 pm
by Jeff V.
Toyota is too costly. So your answer is to move into one of the most notoriously expensive VWs of all time.

You need your head checked.

https://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-tou ... 1822934503

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:56 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Toyota is too costly. So your answer is to move into one of the most notoriously expensive VWs of all time.

You need your head checked.

https://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-tou ... 1822934503[/quote]

Oh I'm well aware of their costly maintenance and repairs but there's still something about them I love. They are completely absurd, and shockingly capable off road!

https://youtu.be/dS2vUaGthUo

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm
by Jeff V.
I'm sure they're great....when they work.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.

That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:57 pm
by alienviking
[quote=""Jeff V.""]
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]

So when are you engine swapping in a V8?

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:58 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""]I'm sure they're great....when they work.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.

That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]

I read this as American over imported. Score another for the avalanche. Lol


Joking.


Coop

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:00 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Jeff V.""]I'm sure they're great....when they work.

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.

That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]

Oh trust me I'm aware of the fact you have to drop the engine to change a turbo... And the turbos are problematic.

I'd definitely keep the Sequoia as an emergency backup vehicle... Which for a car as unreliable as the VW would mean it'd be my daily driver :lol:

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 am
by Chris GTO TT
Installed the trailer brake controller I bought when I ordered the trailer lights and then took the trailer for a test drive. I got it at least calibrated for an empty trailer.

Image
20190907_162145 by christobal65, on Flickr

Image
20190908_092202 by christobal65, on Flickr

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 pm
by ChargerX3
That looks fancy.

PS when do i get to borrow the trailer? ;)

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""ChargerX3""]That looks fancy.

PS when do i get to borrow the trailer? ;) [/quote]

It's not as fancy as some of the wireless ones you can get now, but for my safety I prefer wired with less points of failure.

What do you need to borrow the trailer for? Lol

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 pm
by DCIV
Deff something I wanna do as well. But I need a trailer first. Lol.

You have any spring helper so it doesn’t squat so much when towing?


Coop

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:27 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]It's not as fancy as some of the wireless ones you can get now, but for my safety I prefer wired with less points of failure.

What do you need to borrow the trailer for? Lol[/quote]

Yea, i would go wired as well.

Nothing...yet. ;)

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:56 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""DCIV""]Deff something I wanna do as well. But I need a trailer first. Lol.

You have any spring helper so it doesn’t squat so much when towing?


Coop[/quote]

If you look in the lower right corner of the brake controller picture you can see the switches for the factory active high control. This Sequoia has factory rear air springs which automatically level. I just need to replace the bags before they start to leak.

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:18 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]If you look in the lower right corner of the brake controller picture you can see the switches for the factory active high control. This Sequoia has factory rear air springs which automatically level. I just need to replace the bags before they start to leak.[/quote]

Very cool, the next gen avalanche of mine has something like that. But mine doesn’t. If doesn’t even move when we hook up the boat but they are very well balanced.


Coop

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:06 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Yeah its really nice to have. Air bags aren't as good as a proper weigh distribution setup though. Once you cross 5000lbs it's really best to go weight distribution.

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:23 pm
by Chris GTO TT

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 pm
by Duck Vader
no

Re: It's over... Time for a Tree

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I know, but there are things I do miss about it :sulk: