It's over... Time for a Tree
Moderator: Monochrome
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
Hmmm not sure why the instagram link didn't work. I uploaded a video to youtube.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
Toyota is too costly. So your answer is to move into one of the most notoriously expensive VWs of all time.
You need your head checked.
https://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-tou ... 1822934503
You need your head checked.
https://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-tou ... 1822934503
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Toyota is too costly. So your answer is to move into one of the most notoriously expensive VWs of all time.
You need your head checked.
https://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-tou ... 1822934503[/quote]
Oh I'm well aware of their costly maintenance and repairs but there's still something about them I love. They are completely absurd, and shockingly capable off road!
https://youtu.be/dS2vUaGthUo
You need your head checked.
https://jalopnik.com/the-volkswagen-tou ... 1822934503[/quote]
Oh I'm well aware of their costly maintenance and repairs but there's still something about them I love. They are completely absurd, and shockingly capable off road!
https://youtu.be/dS2vUaGthUo
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
I'm sure they're great....when they work.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""Jeff V.""]
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]
So when are you engine swapping in a V8?
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]
So when are you engine swapping in a V8?
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""Jeff V.""]I'm sure they're great....when they work.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]
I read this as American over imported. Score another for the avalanche. Lol
Joking.
Coop
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]
I read this as American over imported. Score another for the avalanche. Lol
Joking.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""Jeff V.""]I'm sure they're great....when they work.
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]
Oh trust me I'm aware of the fact you have to drop the engine to change a turbo... And the turbos are problematic.
I'd definitely keep the Sequoia as an emergency backup vehicle... Which for a car as unreliable as the VW would mean it'd be my daily driver
It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require you to drop the entire drivetrain when something goes wrong.
That's a nice thing about the Hummer. The engine bay is sized for a V8, so there's tons of room around the I5.[/quote]
Oh trust me I'm aware of the fact you have to drop the engine to change a turbo... And the turbos are problematic.
I'd definitely keep the Sequoia as an emergency backup vehicle... Which for a car as unreliable as the VW would mean it'd be my daily driver
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
Installed the trailer brake controller I bought when I ordered the trailer lights and then took the trailer for a test drive. I got it at least calibrated for an empty trailer.

20190907_162145 by christobal65, on Flickr

20190908_092202 by christobal65, on Flickr

20190907_162145 by christobal65, on Flickr

20190908_092202 by christobal65, on Flickr
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""ChargerX3""]That looks fancy.
PS when do i get to borrow the trailer?
[/quote]
It's not as fancy as some of the wireless ones you can get now, but for my safety I prefer wired with less points of failure.
What do you need to borrow the trailer for? Lol
PS when do i get to borrow the trailer?
It's not as fancy as some of the wireless ones you can get now, but for my safety I prefer wired with less points of failure.
What do you need to borrow the trailer for? Lol
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
Deff something I wanna do as well. But I need a trailer first. Lol.
You have any spring helper so it doesn’t squat so much when towing?
Coop
You have any spring helper so it doesn’t squat so much when towing?
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]It's not as fancy as some of the wireless ones you can get now, but for my safety I prefer wired with less points of failure.
What do you need to borrow the trailer for? Lol[/quote]
Yea, i would go wired as well.
Nothing...yet.
What do you need to borrow the trailer for? Lol[/quote]
Yea, i would go wired as well.
Nothing...yet.

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""DCIV""]Deff something I wanna do as well. But I need a trailer first. Lol.
You have any spring helper so it doesnt squat so much when towing?
Coop[/quote]
If you look in the lower right corner of the brake controller picture you can see the switches for the factory active high control. This Sequoia has factory rear air springs which automatically level. I just need to replace the bags before they start to leak.
You have any spring helper so it doesnt squat so much when towing?
Coop[/quote]
If you look in the lower right corner of the brake controller picture you can see the switches for the factory active high control. This Sequoia has factory rear air springs which automatically level. I just need to replace the bags before they start to leak.
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]If you look in the lower right corner of the brake controller picture you can see the switches for the factory active high control. This Sequoia has factory rear air springs which automatically level. I just need to replace the bags before they start to leak.[/quote]
Very cool, the next gen avalanche of mine has something like that. But mine doesnt. If doesnt even move when we hook up the boat but they are very well balanced.
Coop
Very cool, the next gen avalanche of mine has something like that. But mine doesnt. If doesnt even move when we hook up the boat but they are very well balanced.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
Yeah its really nice to have. Air bags aren't as good as a proper weigh distribution setup though. Once you cross 5000lbs it's really best to go weight distribution.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/ ... 61072.html I kinda want this :d oh:
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15949
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: It's over... Time for a Tree
I know, but there are things I do miss about it 