Page 16 of 41

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:30 pm
by stealthee
He's probably one of those people who thinks he should get everything he has in it back out of it.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:36 pm
by Chris GTO TT
And also make a profit :eh:

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:31 pm
by Monochrome
Who does that shit?

....oh wait....

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:58 pm
by alienviking
Off road edition!

SEMA’s Custom 2015 Jeep Wrangler to Benefit High School Auto Shops - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/sema- ... 2018-06-26
Quite a build...

1980 International Harvester Scout II Diesel - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980- ... -diesel-5/
Mixing it up a bit..

Modified 1970 Ford Bronco 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-ford-bronco-8/
I'd drive this one!

1992 Land Rover Defender 110 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992- ... der-110-2/
This is seriously badass..

1959 Daimler Ferret Mark 2 Armored Scout Car - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1952- ... 2018-06-26
The want is strong in this one...

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 pm
by Chris GTO TT
That Defender 110 :bliss:

I could never justify the $36k current bid though :eek:

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:36 pm
by stealthee
The Bronco made me jizz a little.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:42 pm
by stealthee
Saw this on the side

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997- ... ra-type-r/

The fuck is anyone smoking to think that car is worth anything near $40k? And by the looks of the clutch pedal it looks like that car has more like 200k miles than it does 58k miles. Hell the clutch pedal in my Stealth is in better shape and that car has 195k miles. My brother just bought an Integra and it has 170k and its pedals are in better shape.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:29 pm
by Chris GTO TT
I could see a perfectly clean ITR for $40 but that's about twice what that car is actually worth IMO

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:35 pm
by Jeff V.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:37 am
by stealthee
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I could see a perfectly clean ITR for $40 but that's about twice what that car is actually worth IMO[/quote]
Yeah, I could see that one going for near 20, but not anywhere near 40.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm
by alienviking
The ITR is insanity.

And I love Defenders. Actually keeping my eye on the new one coming out..

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:05 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""alienviking""]The ITR is insanity.

And I love Defenders. Actually keeping my eye on the new one coming out..[/quote]

You hate SUV's but want a Defender? :scratch:

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:28 pm
by Jeff V.
He grew up on a farm, and a Defender is pretty much a tractor with nicer seats, so.... :p

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm
by alienviking
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]You hate SUV's but want a Defender? :scratch: [/quote]

I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:45 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""alienviking""]I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...[/quote]

So you like my Humvee.


Coop

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:18 pm
by alienviking
Well let's not get completely crazy here, now...

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:29 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""alienviking""]I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...[/quote]

I get what you’re saying, I too dislike where the SUV/CUV has gone. They’re basically just ruined wagons. It is part of why I picked out the generation of Explorer I have. Last body on frame, with real 4x4 (low range), and actually able to tow something with real mass.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:32 pm
by alienviking
Yep. And I see the same thing with trucks as well.. half the trucks have 22" chromies and have never even seen a dirt road. Just stupid.

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:38 pm
by Chris GTO TT
Yeah but at least it's still possible to spec out a truck with actual towing and hauling capacity. My problem is how stupid expensive they've become. New the F150 I'd want is 55k :eh:

Re: Bring a Trailer thread

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:01 pm
by Jeff V.
I finally figured out the truck equation.

Look at it as a uniquely American luxury car rather than a tool for doing work.

It's for when you want to tower over everyone else, in a comfortable throne of heated and cooled leather, while providing the appearance of being able to go anywhere and do anything.