Bring a Trailer thread
Moderator: Monochrome
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
He's probably one of those people who thinks he should get everything he has in it back out of it.

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
And also make a profit 
- Monochrome
- Founding Members

- Posts: 18264
- Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm
- Location: NE Maryland
- Contact:
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
Who does that shit?
....oh wait....
....oh wait....
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
Off road edition!
SEMAs Custom 2015 Jeep Wrangler to Benefit High School Auto Shops - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/sema- ... 2018-06-26
Quite a build...
1980 International Harvester Scout II Diesel - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980- ... -diesel-5/
Mixing it up a bit..
Modified 1970 Ford Bronco 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-ford-bronco-8/
I'd drive this one!
1992 Land Rover Defender 110 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992- ... der-110-2/
This is seriously badass..
1959 Daimler Ferret Mark 2 Armored Scout Car - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1952- ... 2018-06-26
The want is strong in this one...
SEMAs Custom 2015 Jeep Wrangler to Benefit High School Auto Shops - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/sema- ... 2018-06-26
Quite a build...
1980 International Harvester Scout II Diesel - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980- ... -diesel-5/
Mixing it up a bit..
Modified 1970 Ford Bronco 5-Speed - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-ford-bronco-8/
I'd drive this one!
1992 Land Rover Defender 110 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992- ... der-110-2/
This is seriously badass..
1959 Daimler Ferret Mark 2 Armored Scout Car - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1952- ... 2018-06-26
The want is strong in this one...
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
That Defender 110 
I could never justify the $36k current bid though
I could never justify the $36k current bid though
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
Saw this on the side
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997- ... ra-type-r/
The fuck is anyone smoking to think that car is worth anything near $40k? And by the looks of the clutch pedal it looks like that car has more like 200k miles than it does 58k miles. Hell the clutch pedal in my Stealth is in better shape and that car has 195k miles. My brother just bought an Integra and it has 170k and its pedals are in better shape.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997- ... ra-type-r/
The fuck is anyone smoking to think that car is worth anything near $40k? And by the looks of the clutch pedal it looks like that car has more like 200k miles than it does 58k miles. Hell the clutch pedal in my Stealth is in better shape and that car has 195k miles. My brother just bought an Integra and it has 170k and its pedals are in better shape.

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
I could see a perfectly clean ITR for $40 but that's about twice what that car is actually worth IMO
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]I could see a perfectly clean ITR for $40 but that's about twice what that car is actually worth IMO[/quote]
Yeah, I could see that one going for near 20, but not anywhere near 40.
Yeah, I could see that one going for near 20, but not anywhere near 40.

- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
The ITR is insanity.
And I love Defenders. Actually keeping my eye on the new one coming out..
And I love Defenders. Actually keeping my eye on the new one coming out..
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
[quote=""alienviking""]The ITR is insanity.
And I love Defenders. Actually keeping my eye on the new one coming out..[/quote]
You hate SUV's but want a Defender?
And I love Defenders. Actually keeping my eye on the new one coming out..[/quote]
You hate SUV's but want a Defender?
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
He grew up on a farm, and a Defender is pretty much a tractor with nicer seats, so.... 
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]You hate SUV's but want a Defender?
[/quote]
I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...
I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
[quote=""alienviking""]I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...[/quote]
So you like my Humvee.
Coop
So you like my Humvee.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
Well let's not get completely crazy here, now...
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
[quote=""alienviking""]I hate what SUVs have become. Soft soccer mom mobiles. Basically just raised station wagons - aka turning wagons into something less good. The Defender has always been something else.. something more raw.. brutal.. purposeful.. square.. It probably doesn't make sense...[/quote]
I get what youre saying, I too dislike where the SUV/CUV has gone. Theyre basically just ruined wagons. It is part of why I picked out the generation of Explorer I have. Last body on frame, with real 4x4 (low range), and actually able to tow something with real mass.
I get what youre saying, I too dislike where the SUV/CUV has gone. Theyre basically just ruined wagons. It is part of why I picked out the generation of Explorer I have. Last body on frame, with real 4x4 (low range), and actually able to tow something with real mass.
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
Yep. And I see the same thing with trucks as well.. half the trucks have 22" chromies and have never even seen a dirt road. Just stupid.
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15953
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
Yeah but at least it's still possible to spec out a truck with actual towing and hauling capacity. My problem is how stupid expensive they've become. New the F150 I'd want is 55k 
Re: Bring a Trailer thread
I finally figured out the truck equation.
Look at it as a uniquely American luxury car rather than a tool for doing work.
It's for when you want to tower over everyone else, in a comfortable throne of heated and cooled leather, while providing the appearance of being able to go anywhere and do anything.
Look at it as a uniquely American luxury car rather than a tool for doing work.
It's for when you want to tower over everyone else, in a comfortable throne of heated and cooled leather, while providing the appearance of being able to go anywhere and do anything.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata