Page 12 of 15
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:12 pm
by vr4
Generally expensive cars tank like that for 2 reasons.
They're expensive to maintain.
They're not very reliable.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:20 pm
by Chris95RT
Yea, trying to find statistics on that on the internet is like wading through poop water.
Basically you get the one camp who will never buy a Audi or BMW again because of how much the dealer has fucked them. And the other that says it isn't so bad. But as a counterpoint, I had a Jeep that had all sorts of electrical problems (which got fixed) but still- I feel like it's not unique to one automaker.
But then again, most new cars I feel will fuck you pretty well in the repair/maintain department.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:39 pm
by DCIV
When I was really thinking about an X1 the forum seemed to like their maintance to be early as far as fluid for the trans. Then timing chain had plastic tensioners they liked changed early, and some oil leak around the oil filter housing.
In general they seemed pretty good though. Better than most euro cars I have looked at. I would till get one if it had 40k miles and I had some miles under factory power train to make sure it was all good.
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:42 pm
by Chris95RT
A new BMW recall is coming in the near future. In a bulletin sent to BMW dealers, the company announces its intention to voluntarily recall certain 2012-2014 model year equipped with the N20 or N26 engines. The cars affected are BMW 3 Series, 5 Series, X1, X3 and Z4 built from May 2012 until August 2013.Sep 29, 2013
I found that off reddit.
Looks like that's specifically the I4
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 pm
by DCIV
But for what?
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:21 pm
by Chris95RT
Oh whoops, timing related stuff. The timing chain/belt specifically.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:29 pm
by Duck Vader
[quote=""Chris95RT""]
But then again, most new cars I feel will fuck you pretty well in the repair/maintain department.[/quote]
This is why since my Volt warranty is ending (will only have the Voltec warranty starting in April) that I keep debating on parting ways.
Don't have the time or care to want to work on stuff myself anymore. Makes sense to find something with a good warranty so I don't have to keep turning wrenches. The Jeep is bad enough.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:29 pm
by ChargerX3
Did someone buy something yet?...
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:42 pm
by Chris95RT
Unlike Cali Chris, I have 2 months.
Going to look at this, this weekend:
https://www.hannaimports.com/used/BMW/2 ... e40708.htm
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:02 pm
by ChargerX3
Pretty, but then you'll be a bimmer douche.

Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:11 am
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris95RT""]Unlike Cali Chris, I have 2 months.
Going to look at this, this weekend:
https://www.hannaimports.com/used/BMW/2 ... e40708.htm[/quote]
YES!!! The 6 cyl one! That rocks!
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 am
by DCIV
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Did someone buy something yet?...[/quote]
I went and drove an escape today. Titanium that was told it was the 2.0 and awd. It was nice. 65k. They would sell it for 13,500.
Wasnt awd.
Oh and for the record. That bmw is 19k....NOT 13k.
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:45 pm
by Chris95RT
I know I know, just wanted to see how it drove.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:47 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris95RT""]I know I know, just wanted to see how it drove.[/quote]
well! I drove one of the 4cyl ones...it was nice, plenty of pep...but once I found out about the 6 cyl ones I never even looked at the 4 again but have not drove a 6....how was it?
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:32 pm
by Chris95RT
So a few things.
The car itself was a comfortable car to drive, especially for a 3 year old car.
The steering was tight.
The seating was pretty comfortable, although my edge's seats I felt were slightly better.
It had all the same stuff my car had, except for ACC (which I've come to terms with losing,

).
The i6 wasn't a rocketship, but it could get up and go. It looks like they discontinued it after 2016+, and just offered one AWD i4 turbo platform. It had similar pickup to my Edge, which is fine. I suppose if I really wanted to modify it, the turbo version would be a better option- fuck though, I dunno, I spent too much time in the wilderness anyway. It sounded nice at WOT though, but it didn't put my in my seat like the Stealth did or... Idk, Mustangs, vipers, etc- I'm sure I'm not comparing apples to apples correctly. I feel like the electric motors on the Fusion had more torque.
Above 80 it kinda fell flat, but again- that's 80 mph. The 2016 does the .25 in 14.8, which is plenty quick for me- kinda funny how grown up I've gotten, or boring.
It felt heavy, maybe because it was 2015 and maybe it didn't have EPAS and was still had normal power steering but it just felt a little heavy. I didn't mind it, because it was a smooth ride on the highway, but I do wish I had a chance to put it around some corners.
It was nice on the inside, some oddities because it was a BMW, but nice. The cargo space, and rear space is best in class and it showed- although I think the fact it didn't have a motorized lift gate was more of a detriment.
I do admit, I thought the one I linked was 16.8, not 18.6 or whatever- there was a copper colored one with the Luxury package, a year newer and half as many miles for 6-7k more that, IF<< I were to go that way, I would probably spring for since it just looked like a nicer car in general.
But for used cars, I wasn't too upset by it- I just don't think that particular vehicle was worth almost 20k.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:24 pm
by Chris GTO TT
[quote=""Chris95RT""]
But for used cars, I wasn't too upset by it- I just don't think that particular vehicle was worth almost 20k.[/quote]
Welcome to used car shopping hell

Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:43 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Welcome to used car shopping hell

[/quote]
Yup. Cut the price and you really dont think its worth a flip. Sad to hear it wasnt as fast as I had hoped.
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:11 pm
by Jeff V.
Chris wrote:Above 80 it kinda fell flat, but again- that's 80 mph. The 2016 does the .25 in 14.8, which is plenty quick for me- kinda funny how grown up I've gotten, or boring.
Grand Cherokee SRT8.
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:21 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""Jeff V.""]Grand Cherokee SRT8.[/quote]
Wait. Are those in the price range? I would replace the Humvee with that!
Coop
Re: My lease is up in 4 months
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:51 pm
by Jeff V.
This is scraping bottom, but it's a cheap way to get a 420hp Hemi.
https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/49626856