Ford - Edumacate me
Moderator: Monochrome
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Going to see if I can get my wife to go with me to the RV Expo in 2 weeks. Go look at some trailers and campers. Get a better idea of what she is going to want.
Don't want to get a truck that will end up not working for us.
Don't want to get a truck that will end up not working for us.
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
[quote=""vr4""]What's wrong with the aluminum body? [/quote]
It is military grade!
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Going to see if I can get my wife to go with me to the RV Expo in 2 weeks. Go look at some trailers and campers. Get a better idea of what she is going to want. [/quote]
Tell her if she wants a RV she needs to sell the Jeep.
It is military grade!
[quote=""Duck Vader""]Going to see if I can get my wife to go with me to the RV Expo in 2 weeks. Go look at some trailers and campers. Get a better idea of what she is going to want. [/quote]
Tell her if she wants a RV she needs to sell the Jeep.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
[quote=""alienviking""]Tell her if she wants a RV she needs to sell the Jeep.[/quote]
No RV then...
No RV then...

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Told my wife we need to go look at RVs to make sure what we want can be towed behind the truck. She said the biggest one we can get that can be towed behind a Raptor.
Too bad they only get like 16 mpg highway.
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Im wondering where all this surplus of extra $$$ just came into play. Werent you just recently sweating out the Volt trade in on a car? :d ontknow:

- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
[quote=""Duck Vader""] 
Told my wife we need to go look at RVs to make sure what we want can be towed behind the truck. She said the biggest one we can get that can be towed behind a Raptor.
Too bad they only get like 16 mpg highway.[/quote]
Are you sure she hasn't been browsing BAWC without you?
Told my wife we need to go look at RVs to make sure what we want can be towed behind the truck. She said the biggest one we can get that can be towed behind a Raptor.
Too bad they only get like 16 mpg highway.[/quote]
Are you sure she hasn't been browsing BAWC without you?
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Im wondering where all this surplus of extra $$$ just came into play. Werent you just recently sweating out the Volt trade in on a car? :d ontknow:[/quote]
Not really. We have plenty of money. Just don't "want" to spend too much. Hell I could outright buy out the Volt and pay off the last of my cc's with what I have in savings. But don't want to touch that savings yet. Keeping it as an emergency fund.
If I can get a truck under $25k or less then I will be perfectly fine as long as I sell the Volt after - which I will do private party for more than I owe - but not until after I buy a truck. Could probably even afford up to $30-35k or more, just don't want to.
Not really. We have plenty of money. Just don't "want" to spend too much. Hell I could outright buy out the Volt and pay off the last of my cc's with what I have in savings. But don't want to touch that savings yet. Keeping it as an emergency fund.
If I can get a truck under $25k or less then I will be perfectly fine as long as I sell the Volt after - which I will do private party for more than I owe - but not until after I buy a truck. Could probably even afford up to $30-35k or more, just don't want to.
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Ok, so the truck at $15k, $20K, now $25k I get, but how much are you thinking to pay for a new camper trailer?

- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
That's not this year. Next year or year after. Don't want to buy a truck now that can't use down the line. Planning ahead with the truck.
Use it to tow camper and chevelle or jeep.
Use it to tow camper and chevelle or jeep.
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Ok, because a nice one is not cheap. Especially on top of an existing truck payment.

- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Oh I know. Been looking at prices. Won't be until after we move and stuff.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Something like this is what I would be looking at:
https://www.doranchev.com/VehicleDetail ... 3279416723
https://www.doranchev.com/VehicleDetail ... 3279416723
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Are you sure she hasn't been browsing BAWC without you?
[/quote]
This is exactly what I was thinking.
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Ok, so the truck at $15k, $20K, now $25k I get, but how much are you thinking to pay for a new camper trailer?[/quote]
This is just like chriss Thread. The price kept going up and then it was a huge let down with what he ended up getting.
I hope this thread ends in a raptor, as much as its been said on this forum someone needs one.
Coop
This is exactly what I was thinking.
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Ok, so the truck at $15k, $20K, now $25k I get, but how much are you thinking to pay for a new camper trailer?[/quote]
This is just like chriss Thread. The price kept going up and then it was a huge let down with what he ended up getting.
I hope this thread ends in a raptor, as much as its been said on this forum someone needs one.
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Seriously though. How is the Raptor reliability? Can't get one for nearly as cheap as I can get a F-150 with the 5.0.
My budget has always been around $20k, but that was for an Avalanche. But I am willing to go up to about $25k for something newer with less mileage and that is more capable/reliable long term.
My budget has always been around $20k, but that was for an Avalanche. But I am willing to go up to about $25k for something newer with less mileage and that is more capable/reliable long term.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
And the piss poor MPG of the raptor kills me too. Research shows low teens average where the newer 5.0 gets upper teens ~ 4-5 mpg difference. When you drive 12k miles a year, that 5 mpg adds up. About $2-3k a year difference. Add in the fact that I can't even touch a decent raptor under $30k, and I am sure insurance is more, that ends up being way too much difference. For the price difference I can modify a 5.0 to be close to the same HP and TQ of a gen 1 Raptor. Plus the gen 1 raptor 0-60 is around 6.6 seconds, where one with the 5.0 and the 6 speed is about the same or even quicker, but is set up to tow more.
As cool as the Raptor is, it just doesn't make sense.
As cool as the Raptor is, it just doesn't make sense.
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
[quote=""Duck Vader""]And the piss poor MPG of the raptor kills me too. Research shows low teens average where the newer 5.0 gets upper teens ~ 4-5 mpg difference. When you drive 12k miles a year, that 5 mpg adds up. About $2-3k a year difference. Add in the fact that I can't even touch a decent raptor under $30k, and I am sure insurance is more, that ends up being way too much difference. For the price difference I can modify a 5.0 to be close to the same HP and TQ of a gen 1 Raptor. Plus the gen 1 raptor 0-60 is around 6.6 seconds, where one with the 5.0 and the 6 speed is about the same or even quicker, but is set up to tow more.
As cool as the Raptor is, it just doesn't make sense.[/quote]
The first gen Raptors also came with the 5.4L with the 6.2L as an option. Eventually they came with the 6.2L standard, so take that into account.
As cool as the Raptor is, it just doesn't make sense.[/quote]
The first gen Raptors also came with the 5.4L with the 6.2L as an option. Eventually they came with the 6.2L standard, so take that into account.

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
I wonder how much of that MPG difference is how they are driven hah.
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
https://www.xcarseattle.com/cars-for-sa ... ageSize=25
Not sure how I feel about this place. Has decent reviews online, but the prices seem almost too low to be right? They even have a Raptor for $25k.
Not sure how I feel about this place. Has decent reviews online, but the prices seem almost too low to be right? They even have a Raptor for $25k.
Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Probably trucks that were purchased at auction due to any number of reasons.

Re: Ford - Edumacate me
Interesting site.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points