Page 2 of 2
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:52 pm
by DCIV
Yeah you can clean that up in an afternoon. The main thing is how clean it is otherwise. Not gonna lie, really like these trucks.
Coop
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:24 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""Jeff V.""]That thing is clean. It shouldn't take much to fix it up the rest of the way.
I've got those same seats in my truck. Grabbed them out of a Macro Cab. They're actually pretty comfortable for what they are. I wish there was a way to get new foam and covers for them. I'd probably keep them if I could replace the damaged parts.
What's that thing just to the left of the radiator cap? Some kind of overflow tank? Looks like I see an aftermarket cruise control stalk on the column too.[/quote]
Yea, ive already pulled most of everything and replaced it with stock. I found a 94 v6 MM in my local yard and grabbed its 250k mile rad. Turns out it has a pin hole leak.

Will need to remove and braze it up.
The seats are pretty nice. Ill probably have a local shop make up a custom set of covers eventually. The vinyl has become pretty hard and brittle.
It does have aftermarket cruise. Last owner said it didnt work, but then again he probably hacked into it. I already see one lead disconnected. Goal is to get that working, so we can do some long hauls.
That thing next to the rad cap...is the stupid ass aftermarket horn. Its gone!
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:25 pm
by ChargerX3
[quote=""DCIV""]Yeah you can clean that up in an afternoon. The main thing is how clean it is otherwise. Not gonna lie, really like these trucks.
Coop[/quote]
Its no H1 but they sure are a blast to play with. Have had the Max parked for a few months now, but decided to take her out for a quick spin. Left a couple patches around the neighboring area.

Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:30 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""ChargerX3""]Its no H1 but they sure are a blast to play with. Have had the Max parked for a few months now, but decided to take her out for a quick spin. Left a couple patches around the neighboring area.

[/quote]
Oh yours has a lot that mine doesn't. Like over 60mph, no questions on titles, lots of upgrades and things you can do to it, good heat/air, sound insulation. I just have a big ass diesel 4x4 that's cool to say you have.
Just love the classy look of these old trucks.
Coop
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 pm
by ChargerX3
I still have hope that you pick up a Raider or one of these trucks. They are fun to build.
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:39 am
by stealthee
I don't think I have ever seen one in that blue. That is actually pretty sweet. I'd rock it in a heartbeat.
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:33 am
by ChargerX3
[quote=""stealthee""]I don't think I have ever seen one in that blue. That is actually pretty sweet. I'd rock it in a heartbeat.[/quote]
Thanks. They dont come up often thats for sure. When I saw this one I couldnt resist. Despite having 195k miles it still manages to look pretty darn good.
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:45 pm
by ChargerX3
Update:
I haven't done much to this truck other than clean it and make some small improvements, and get it back to stock. I did however start to have a loud rattling noise come from the engine bay a few weeks back. I thought it was a bad pulley as it was a very loud metal on metal squeaking sound. Well, after digging in deeper I found out that someone didnt install the harmonic balancer correctly and the bolt backed out, wallowed out the damper, destroyed the key-way and just made a mess of things. Im hoping I can remove the old key-way and get the proper parts to fix it, but its not pretty.
New grill and rare chrome markers all the way around. I feel the grill is missing something though...

Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:04 pm
by stealthee
I don't know if the pulleys are the same but I have 2 SOHC crank pulleys from my Stealth. $5 plus shipping and you can has one if it will work.
Re: Mighty Steve picks up a new... Z06!!!
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:50 pm
by ChargerX3
Thanks, Ill look into it some more this weekend and let you know. I think there is a 1st gen montero in my yard too that has the same motor. Ill keep you posted.