Page 2 of 3

Re: Stereo

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 pm
by DCIV
Anyone looked for double din bezel recently?


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:04 pm
by DCIV
So because Of the size of this thing, I need to make a custom mounting bracket. I was just thinking a U design with the ability to slide forward and backwards with a long cut, tighten to desired depth with nuts. Then a hole in the middle that I can go left or right to line up things perfectly.

Already made my cardboard templet, gonna get some aluminum at lowes when I get a chance and make this happen.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 pm
by DCIV
The adapter I bought off Walmart online didn’t fit. Had to order another one.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 pm
by DCIV
Finally found a double din cover. Bought it. Guy sends me one that has two slots instead of one. Grrrrr.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:32 pm
by tabasco122
You need to cut the bar out.

Re: Stereo

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:32 pm
by tabasco122
Some kits are like that.

Re: Stereo

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""tabasco122""]You need to cut the bar out.[/quote]

That would look like crap when there is one out there. Even then I may have to. I messaged him and he said he thought he did send the right one. I showed him a pic and he said he would look when he gets home. I bet it’s gone.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:42 pm
by tabasco122
The kit we carried at best buy needed to be cut.

Re: Stereo

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:24 am
by mjannusch
Can't just order one from the Mitsu dealer?

Re: Stereo

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:02 am
by vr4
[quote=""mjannusch""]Can't just order one from the Mitsu dealer?[/quote]

Look into this. I'm sure it's not much.

I may have one lying around somewhere...

Re: Stereo

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:51 am
by DCIV
Shit. I will, I just figured if it was this hard to find they didn’t have one.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 pm
by Jeff V.
92 stereo diagrams. We confirmed his car never had an amp based on the VIN and ASA.

http://xtreme3s.net/Coop/92VR4Radio-1.JPG
http://xtreme3s.net/Coop/92VR4Radio-2.JPG
http://xtreme3s.net/Coop/92VR4Radio-3.JPG

Re: Stereo

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm
by DCIV
These are still complicated for me to read. I’m gonna try and figure them out but I’m basically going off of wire color on what to connect to what.

Thank you very much btw.

Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:09 pm
by Jeff V.
Eh, you've got my number. Let me know if you need help. As long as you get power and ground right, the rest can be done with trial and error. Take a few minutes to learn the color codes on the wires and that'll help a lot. Most of them are pretty obvious.

B = black
BR = brown
G = green
GR = gray
L = blue
LG = light green
O = orange
P = pink
R = red
SB = sky blue
V = violet
W = white
Y = yellow

So if a wire is labeled R-Y on the diagram, it'll be red with a yellow stripe.

Re: Stereo

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 am
by DCIV
https://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Mit ... Wiring.pdf

I think this will help me.

I’m gonna do it while I sit at work tomorrow and hopefully when I get home and plug it in and it works.

Yeah right.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 am
by tabasco122
are you missing the radio plugs in your car?

Re: Stereo

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 am
by DCIV
For my car, I was gonna do it away from the car.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:37 am
by tabasco122
Buy a wiring harness and connect the colors lol. It's not rocket science.

Re: Stereo

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 am
by DCIV
I bought the harness, are the colors the same? Hadn’t looked at one and never done an instal.


Coop

Re: Stereo

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm
by DCIV
They are not the same color.


Coop