Page 2 of 3
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 pm
by tabasco122
ill pass, im kinda over older cars. too much to keep a nice one nice.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:10 pm
by Hans_GZP
They are so over hyped. We have a couple of them that come into our shop. Tuning with a Power FC is like tuning with a GameBoy. Unless you have the program for your computer, it's useless. The hand held tuner is the worst thing since the electric slide.
I just don't get the fascination people have with these cars. Maybe an R34. Those are pretty cool. But I think people just like what they can't have. Then they get it and want something else. I definitely wouldn't sell ANY of my 3/S cars for an R32.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:15 pm
by alienviking
I tend to agree with Hans on this one.. I sort of like the brute force looks of them but in general I think they are overrated.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:20 pm
by Jeff V.
It's different and unusual. I like the old school JDM look of it, along with the technology and racing pedigree.
It's also ~700 lbs lighter than a typical VR4, and 1000 lbs lighter than Spyder-pig.
It's an old school racecar for the street.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 pm
by J-Groove
I like them because they remind me of an AWD turbo E36 M3.
I LOVE driving the E36 M3, so I picture that I would love driving a GTR.
-John
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 pm
by alienviking
3,152.6 lb with 313 hp. Not too bad but not extreme either. I guess to me they fall in an "in between" category.. too new to really tempt me to get something that is old and unreliable.. too old for daily fun.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:50 pm
by Jeff V.
Throw a medium sized single on there, chip the ECU, beef up the tranny with one of the Aussie gearsets, and you have yourself one bad ass and very unique road car.
Of course, some of the same things can be said for Spyder-pig. What would life be without these difficult choices?

Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:02 pm
by alienviking
What would life be without cars that needed a lot of work?

You love it even if you complain about it!
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:15 pm
by green-lantern
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] The hand held tuner is the worst thing since the electric slide.
[/quote]
[quote=""alienviking""]What would life be without cars that needed a lot of work?

You love it even if you complain about it![/quote]
Jeff just loves to punish himself, even if he knows it will shock him if he sticks his finger in the light socket he will do it again before long. lol
I'm with him though, it would be cool to have one. One of the reasons I like the 3s = not very common.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 pm
by Hans_GZP
If all else fails, I'm sure the post office could use your services. You can deliver mail in that thing like a MoFo
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:10 pm
by vr4
snow? hhahahahah fuck snow
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 am
by Jeff V.
This could be even cheaper than I thought. It's even the right color...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... line%20GTR
I know it's a 92, but it's still an interesting barometer for the pricing.
Something else to consider. A lot of these de-registered JDM cars have less than 50,000 miles on them. So they're old, but not high mileage old.

Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 am
by Jeff V.
This could be even cheaper than I thought. It's even the right color...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... line%20GTR
I know it's a 92, but it's still an interesting barometer for the pricing.
Something else to consider. A lot of these de-registered JDM cars have less than 50,000 miles on them. So they're old, but not high mileage old.
I also found this. It's a mutant NA Supra with an RB26...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... upra%20MK4
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 am
by DCIV
That supra is one hell of a bastered! I want it.
Coop
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:34 pm
by green-lantern
[quote=""DCIV""]That supra is one hell of a bastered! I want it.
Coop[/quote]
You would

UGLY ass bumper
I'll take the Skyline
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:43 pm
by tabasco122
lol, i wouldnt touch that supra. 1 supras ugly, 2, they have those ebay brembo brake covers on them...
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:53 pm
by green-lantern
[quote=""tabasco122""] supras ugly...[/quote]
trufh!
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:51 am
by GTO Assassin
Saying you don't like the R32 is fair enough, but saying it's over hyped? I guess it depends on where you live. In the US I could under stand that. Pretty sure it's just the JDM fanbois drooling over themselves. We have the GTS's in abundance over here. Hard to find a good GT-R through all years tho. If I had it again, I'de go the R34 route. And I could get one tomoroow.
Scooter
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm
by tabasco122