First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Moderator: Monochrome
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
ill pass, im kinda over older cars. too much to keep a nice one nice.
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
They are so over hyped. We have a couple of them that come into our shop. Tuning with a Power FC is like tuning with a GameBoy. Unless you have the program for your computer, it's useless. The hand held tuner is the worst thing since the electric slide.
I just don't get the fascination people have with these cars. Maybe an R34. Those are pretty cool. But I think people just like what they can't have. Then they get it and want something else. I definitely wouldn't sell ANY of my 3/S cars for an R32.
I just don't get the fascination people have with these cars. Maybe an R34. Those are pretty cool. But I think people just like what they can't have. Then they get it and want something else. I definitely wouldn't sell ANY of my 3/S cars for an R32.
First to 184 million 
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
I tend to agree with Hans on this one.. I sort of like the brute force looks of them but in general I think they are overrated.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
It's different and unusual. I like the old school JDM look of it, along with the technology and racing pedigree.
It's also ~700 lbs lighter than a typical VR4, and 1000 lbs lighter than Spyder-pig.
It's an old school racecar for the street.
It's also ~700 lbs lighter than a typical VR4, and 1000 lbs lighter than Spyder-pig.
It's an old school racecar for the street.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
I like them because they remind me of an AWD turbo E36 M3.
I LOVE driving the E36 M3, so I picture that I would love driving a GTR.
-John
I LOVE driving the E36 M3, so I picture that I would love driving a GTR.
-John
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
3,152.6 lb with 313 hp. Not too bad but not extreme either. I guess to me they fall in an "in between" category.. too new to really tempt me to get something that is old and unreliable.. too old for daily fun.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Throw a medium sized single on there, chip the ECU, beef up the tranny with one of the Aussie gearsets, and you have yourself one bad ass and very unique road car.
Of course, some of the same things can be said for Spyder-pig. What would life be without these difficult choices?
Of course, some of the same things can be said for Spyder-pig. What would life be without these difficult choices?
- alienviking
- Posts: 10707
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
What would life be without cars that needed a lot of work?
You love it even if you complain about it!
- green-lantern
- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] The hand held tuner is the worst thing since the electric slide.
[/quote]

[quote=""alienviking""]What would life be without cars that needed a lot of work?
You love it even if you complain about it![/quote]
Jeff just loves to punish himself, even if he knows it will shock him if he sticks his finger in the light socket he will do it again before long. lol
I'm with him though, it would be cool to have one. One of the reasons I like the 3s = not very common.
[/quote]
[quote=""alienviking""]What would life be without cars that needed a lot of work?
Jeff just loves to punish himself, even if he knows it will shock him if he sticks his finger in the light socket he will do it again before long. lol
I'm with him though, it would be cool to have one. One of the reasons I like the 3s = not very common.
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] I think I had Em reach her bitch paws in there to get the nuts off. [/quote]
"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
If all else fails, I'm sure the post office could use your services. You can deliver mail in that thing like a MoFo
First to 184 million 
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
This could be even cheaper than I thought. It's even the right color...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... line%20GTR
I know it's a 92, but it's still an interesting barometer for the pricing.
Something else to consider. A lot of these de-registered JDM cars have less than 50,000 miles on them. So they're old, but not high mileage old.
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... line%20GTR
I know it's a 92, but it's still an interesting barometer for the pricing.
Something else to consider. A lot of these de-registered JDM cars have less than 50,000 miles on them. So they're old, but not high mileage old.
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
This could be even cheaper than I thought. It's even the right color...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... line%20GTR
I know it's a 92, but it's still an interesting barometer for the pricing.
Something else to consider. A lot of these de-registered JDM cars have less than 50,000 miles on them. So they're old, but not high mileage old.
I also found this. It's a mutant NA Supra with an RB26...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... upra%20MK4
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... line%20GTR
I know it's a 92, but it's still an interesting barometer for the pricing.
Something else to consider. A lot of these de-registered JDM cars have less than 50,000 miles on them. So they're old, but not high mileage old.
I also found this. It's a mutant NA Supra with an RB26...
http://www.tyeeimports.com/jdm-cars-for ... upra%20MK4
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
That supra is one hell of a bastered! I want it.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- green-lantern
- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
[quote=""DCIV""]That supra is one hell of a bastered! I want it.
Coop[/quote]
You would
UGLY ass bumper
I'll take the Skyline
Coop[/quote]
You would
I'll take the Skyline
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] I think I had Em reach her bitch paws in there to get the nuts off. [/quote]
"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
lol, i wouldnt touch that supra. 1 supras ugly, 2, they have those ebay brembo brake covers on them...
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
- green-lantern
- Posts: 14814
- Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:50 pm
- Location: Tennessee
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
[quote=""tabasco122""] supras ugly...[/quote]
trufh!
trufh!
[quote=""Hans_GZP""] I think I had Em reach her bitch paws in there to get the nuts off. [/quote]
"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

"Ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." - The gimme generation

-
GTO Assassin
- Posts: 14275
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:35 pm
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States
Saying you don't like the R32 is fair enough, but saying it's over hyped? I guess it depends on where you live. In the US I could under stand that. Pretty sure it's just the JDM fanbois drooling over themselves. We have the GTS's in abundance over here. Hard to find a good GT-R through all years tho. If I had it again, I'de go the R34 route. And I could get one tomoroow. 
Scooter
Scooter
Last edited by GTO Assassin on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- tabasco122
- Posts: 18124
- Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
- Location: Houma, LA
- Contact:
Re: First DOT/EPA LEGAL R32 GTR comes to the States

scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure
[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.
Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
Click to show spoiler
