Page 10 of 15

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:12 pm
by Chris95RT
To be fair, looking around this thread we have:

AMG
BMW (That's me, I like the BMWs) and my old boss has a 2009 and said he doesn't have reliability issues which got me thinking.
Raptor, like at least 3-4 times.
Infinity.
Or shit box. Where can I find out who made the shit box, and what kind of milage does the shit box get? Does it run of diesel?

Honestly waiting for one of you to say get a viper, you fkers.

Not a whole lot of concrete examples going on from the peanut gallery. :lol:

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 pm
by Duck Vader
What exactly are you looking for now anyway? Still a crossover type thing, but something you can get for $12k or less?

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 pm
by ChargerX3
Get a V6 mighty max. It’s a truck, it’s cheap, reliable V6, and great economy. How bout them apples?

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm
by vr4
[quote=""Chris95RT""]To be fair, looking around this thread we have:

AMG
BMW (That's me, I like the BMWs) and my old boss has a 2009 and said he doesn't have reliability issues which got me thinking.
Raptor, like at least 3-4 times.
Infinity.
Or shit box. Where can I find out who made the shit box, and what kind of milage does the shit box get? Does it run of diesel?

Honestly waiting for one of you to say get a viper, you fkers.

Not a whole lot of concrete examples going on from the peanut gallery. :lol: [/quote]

Factory five gtm

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:37 am
by mjannusch
Get a Viper.

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:59 am
by Chris GTO TT
Better yet, get a Tomahawk!

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:27 am
by vr4
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Better yet, get a Tomahawk![/quote]

I agree but I don't see how that's going to help his current situation

Image

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:00 am
by Chris GTO TT

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:17 am
by vr4
[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Tomahawk[/quote]

Yes I know what you were referring to.

I still prefer my tomahawk.

But... Everything is better with an LS
https://youtu.be/C-jdvRcyRxA

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:11 am
by Chris GTO TT
:spank:

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:53 am
by DCIV
[quote=""vr4""]Factory five gtm[/quote]

I support this.


Coop

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:06 pm
by vr4
[quote=""vr4""] :lol:

I've got one in the shop right now. Cracked plastic cooling hose fitting. She about choked when I gave her the total price ($384) and asked if she could bring in her own coolant that she already bought.[/quote]

Her $329 check bounced.


This is her daughter's (still in high school) car. 2009 328i.

She drives a 2007 x5 v8 with a massive amount of deferred maintenance and a constant coolant leak.

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:14 pm
by Duck Vader
Nice

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:17 pm
by DCIV
I’m. It saying she is a low life but I’ve had check bounce simply because I shopped at target and they locked down my account.

Sometimes it’s not their fault.


Coop

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:33 pm
by vr4
[quote=""DCIV""]I’m. It saying she is a low life but I’ve had check bounce simply because I shopped at target and they locked down my account.

Sometimes it’s not their fault.


Coop[/quote]

We've always had to float this lady for a few weeks.

Last time this car was here it took her 5 weeks to pay. 35 bucks when she picked it up and then 15 when we finally got her to answer the phone. I suspect this is the last time we see her

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:52 pm
by DCIV
So chris. How’s the car shopping going?

I turned down a 2017 Escape with the 1.5 for 16k. It had 40k miles on it. Still out of the price range you are talking as 16 plus tax here is almost 18k.

FOR A LOW END ESCAPE!!!!


Coop

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:58 pm
by aaronatstate
[quote=""DCIV""]So chris. How’s the car shopping going?

I turned down a 2017 Escape with the 1.5 for 16k. It had 40k miles on it. Still out of the price range you are talking as 16 plus tax here is almost 18k.

FOR A LOW END ESCAPE!!!!


Coop[/quote]

How much was that car brand new?

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:09 pm
by DCIV
[quote=""aaronatstate""]How much was that car brand new?[/quote]

Had to go look it up, 23,700 was apparently msrp.


Coop

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:14 pm
by aaronatstate
[quote=""DCIV""]Had to go look it up, 23,700 was apparently msrp.


Coop[/quote]

So at 16k, it's worth 67.5% of it's original value. 30% decrease after 1 year is pretty typical...

So I would say it's a pretty fair price at 16k, even though it is a "LOW END ESCAPE!!!!11!ZOMG!!1!".

Re: My lease is up in 4 months

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:26 pm
by Chris95RT
Honestly taking out a loan might be a bigger deal than I thought, which is why I've scheduled an appt at a dealer when I'm back in Michigan to see what they can do.

Otherwise, it's going to come down to timing I think. I have found cars I'm comfortable with in the $10-14k range, for what it's worth.