I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26797
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by DCIV »

I love it.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

Need to confirm but pretty sure my neighbor has a sniper system he took off one of his cars. Wonder if it would work on this. I'll have to see what one he has
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by ChargerX3 »

Probably have to upgrade the fuel tank, pump and lines to the engine. That's a bit more expensive if you do.
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

I'm going to look into it. Or maybe I'll swap the carb from the chevelle on if it will work and put the efi on the chevelle for now. Just something to think about
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15953
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Chris GTO TT »

I think the biggest thing you need is a return fuel line. Then you run an in-line pump
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

It's weird with the 2 tanks apparently. Even the shop said if I try it, they see a lot come in with issues. Especially on the dual tanks.

Looking into it, the carb on the chevelle is more than adequate for the truck. So the question is do I get a similar set up for about $650 on the truck, or do something different on the chevelle and transfer it over? Just needs a Ford kick down plate for $15
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15953
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Chris GTO TT »

Yeah probably because you have to switch the feed and return and people probably don't account for that.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

Little album of the piece of shit from cars and coffee this morning

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Duck Vader on Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
tabasco122
Posts: 18124
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Location: Houma, LA
Contact:

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by tabasco122 »

god that wiring lmao
scat1zzi
12:12 am: if the phone charger is a penis, and the chargy bit inside the phone is the vagina, i made my phones vagina prolapse on itself and cause catastrophic failure

[quote=""Seraflame""]Fear has nothing to do with it. It's a simple equation.

Is the shen I'm about to pull and the laughs that ensue = to or > the payback my wife is likely to impose? If yes. Shens. If no. Shens.[/quote]
 Click to show spoiler

User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

Right? It gives me anxiety every time I pop the hood. But I also just wanted to get it running. Not exactly sure what I want to do with the wiring. Pull it all and run a new kit entirely, or just try and clean it up more.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

So previous owners at one point swapped engines and rear end. Tag says 400 engine. I have 460 from a car. Rear is supposed to be a dana 70 limited slip 4.10. It's got an open diff dana 60 with 3.55. Going to see if I can source a decent 70 with 410 and limited slip.
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26797
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by DCIV »

I love my 4:10’s. I’m in total support of that!


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15953
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Chris GTO TT »

I love my 3.55s, but I also have a 10spd and 500lbft of tq sooo...:lol:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26797
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by DCIV »

Yeah I only have 455ft lbs.

Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14539
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by vr4 »

Duck Vader wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:24 am It's weird with the 2 tanks apparently. Even the shop said if I try it, they see a lot come in with issues. Especially on the dual tanks.

Looking into it, the carb on the chevelle is more than adequate for the truck. So the question is do I get a similar set up for about $650 on the truck, or do something different on the chevelle and transfer it over? Just needs a Ford kick down plate for $15
ford did efi with dual tanks so just look at how they did it. IIRC both feed and return lines run through the valve so fuel returns to the correct tank.
DOGE
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

Was able to get a new in box holley 4160 750 cfm carb for $250. So Ya. Going that route for now. Saving up for the big block chevy swap in the chevelle
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by ChargerX3 »

Yea carbs are cheap and reliable. Holly will take a little work to tune vs a Carter/AFB/Edelbrock by the way.
Image
User avatar
vr4
Posts: 14539
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:32 am
Location: WA
Contact:

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by vr4 »

shoulda gone with 4 weber 32/36s
DOGE
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

Has a holley now.

Camaro has a carter. Chevelle has a demon.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18822
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: I'm the dumbest man on bawc.

Post by Duck Vader »

Haven't installed it yet, but new carb

Image

Local guy restores old fords had a spare one of these. Gave it to me for free. Just need to find the cover that goes between it and the clear shield and I will toss in it.

Image

Also testing the limits of this thing. Loaded up the bed and man, I think I am going to need to upgrade the rear leafs if I keep doing this much weight in there.

Image
Post Reply