Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

I couldn’t get the clutch off the current kt100 as the local said I would need a puller and maybe heat. Well my puller was to big so I asked my LT if he had any. He had like 5 of them. So I took in the spare KT to take off that clutch as practice and so that I can have it as a back up.
Image
Clutch off. They did not use the keyway. Which is what I expected from what the local said. Clutch disk was ruined though. It’s okay, wasn’t gonna use it.

Went to the current KT. I had tried with just a pry bar to get this one off at one point and couldn’t. But while we were messing with it the center disks just came out. To find this.
Image

This person did use the keyway. I didn’t know the clutch could come out like that! I was about to put a puller on it and ruin this clutch.

Anyways. Disks looked fine. I oiled up a brass bearing. They recommend vaseline, odd but whatever.
Image

I also put the original carb for the current KT on the spare KT as it was fine but the local put a brand new on on the current.

But the spark plug wire has a huge gash in it. I swapped out the spark plug as well. So if I need to swap motors I will also need to swap a coil and whatever it’s called that I use feeler gauges to keep it off the crank. Still shouldn’t be but a 30 min from start to finish if need be.

I just want this weekend to go well for my daughter. I don’t care if she goes fast but if her kart isn’t running right, it’s my fault. It’s on me and I hate that. I feel like I have all the bugs worked out but that doesn’t mean shit.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

1st day went well. We got about 10ish runs in. We really needed it. She was suuuuuuper slow to get going took a bunch for her to really start pushing in areas. By the end she had dropped a good bit of time and gained some confidence. She needed that. Hopefully the confidence stays at the start tomorrow as she was SLOW and scared. But ended up decent for her.

Motor also ran well. That made me feel better. It’s more of an engine than their 4 strokes. She just doesn’t use it all. I hope it stays good for the rest of the season so don’t feel bad about putting it on the shifter kart. If not I’ll just predator ghost swap that thing and never think about it again.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

https://youtu.be/Fe0Is2d2ouI?feature=shared

Logging software and video. Hard to watch on your phone but good info on it.

Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

https://youtube.com/shorts/-kjy0UCQahY? ... s64_4pJX55

Here you can see the logging stuff better.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

Got all the stuff for Jack shaft instal. It will not be the next race as I will not have time. But it will be the last race.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

Got the other kart listed.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

Got someone coming at 5pm from Atlanta. He said he’s gonna put it in a bmw coup…..this is gonna be a shit show.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15948
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by Chris GTO TT »

:lol: please set up a camera to record it
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26786
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by DCIV »

Chris GTO TT wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:37 pm :lol: please set up a camera to record it
So they showed up. Nice Jamaican guys. 2 door coup bmw. Yeah. Kart started right up. They paid with Apple Pay so I hope it can’t be scammed. First time.

To get it in there were multiple steps.

Took off front wheels, and rear wheels, and rear bumper.

Didn’t get past the steering plastic.

Took it out took that off. Didn’t get past the engine.

Took it out and flipped it around. Didn’t get past the engine and the axle hubs.

Took it out, took off the hubs and undid one axle.

Didn’t get past the engine.

Undid the engine…didn’t get past the seat

Took the seat off and it all finally went in.

Image
Image

Took about an hour. Seemed like nice guys. But he acted like he was gonna ride it. I promised him he can’t fit. He said he could.

Okay man. Good luck. lol.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15948
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Coop did another thing….kid kart….ssss

Post by Chris GTO TT »

:lol:
Post Reply