Ford - Edumacate me

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

Going to see if I can get my wife to go with me to the RV Expo in 2 weeks. Go look at some trailers and campers. Get a better idea of what she is going to want.

Don't want to get a truck that will end up not working for us.
User avatar
alienviking
Posts: 10707
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by alienviking »

[quote=""vr4""]What's wrong with the aluminum body? [/quote]

It is military grade!

[quote=""Duck Vader""]Going to see if I can get my wife to go with me to the RV Expo in 2 weeks. Go look at some trailers and campers. Get a better idea of what she is going to want. [/quote]

Tell her if she wants a RV she needs to sell the Jeep.
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by aaronatstate »

[quote=""alienviking""]Tell her if she wants a RV she needs to sell the Jeep.[/quote]

No RV then...
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

:rofl:

Told my wife we need to go look at RVs to make sure what we want can be towed behind the truck. She said the biggest one we can get that can be towed behind a Raptor.

Too bad they only get like 16 mpg highway.
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by ChargerX3 »

Im wondering where all this surplus of extra $$$ just came into play. Werent you just recently sweating out the Volt trade in on a car? :d ontknow:
Image
User avatar
Chris GTO TT
Posts: 15950
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Chris GTO TT »

[quote=""Duck Vader""] :rofl:

Told my wife we need to go look at RVs to make sure what we want can be towed behind the truck. She said the biggest one we can get that can be towed behind a Raptor.

Too bad they only get like 16 mpg highway.[/quote]

Are you sure she hasn't been browsing BAWC without you? :lmao:
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

[quote=""ChargerX3""]Im wondering where all this surplus of extra $$$ just came into play. Werent you just recently sweating out the Volt trade in on a car? :d ontknow:[/quote]

Not really. We have plenty of money. Just don't "want" to spend too much. Hell I could outright buy out the Volt and pay off the last of my cc's with what I have in savings. But don't want to touch that savings yet. Keeping it as an emergency fund.

If I can get a truck under $25k or less then I will be perfectly fine as long as I sell the Volt after - which I will do private party for more than I owe - but not until after I buy a truck. Could probably even afford up to $30-35k or more, just don't want to.
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by ChargerX3 »

Ok, so the truck at $15k, $20K, now $25k I get, but how much are you thinking to pay for a new camper trailer?
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

That's not this year. Next year or year after. Don't want to buy a truck now that can't use down the line. Planning ahead with the truck.

Use it to tow camper and chevelle or jeep.
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by ChargerX3 »

Ok, because a nice one is not cheap. Especially on top of an existing truck payment.
Image
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

Oh I know. Been looking at prices. Won't be until after we move and stuff.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

Something like this is what I would be looking at:

https://www.doranchev.com/VehicleDetail ... 3279416723
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by DCIV »

[quote=""Chris GTO TT""]Are you sure she hasn't been browsing BAWC without you? :lmao: [/quote]

This is exactly what I was thinking.

[quote=""ChargerX3""]Ok, so the truck at $15k, $20K, now $25k I get, but how much are you thinking to pay for a new camper trailer?[/quote]

This is just like chris’s Thread. The price kept going up and then it was a huge let down with what he ended up getting.

I hope this thread ends in a raptor, as much as it’s been said on this forum someone needs one.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

Seriously though. How is the Raptor reliability? Can't get one for nearly as cheap as I can get a F-150 with the 5.0.

My budget has always been around $20k, but that was for an Avalanche. But I am willing to go up to about $25k for something newer with less mileage and that is more capable/reliable long term.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

And the piss poor MPG of the raptor kills me too. Research shows low teens average where the newer 5.0 gets upper teens ~ 4-5 mpg difference. When you drive 12k miles a year, that 5 mpg adds up. About $2-3k a year difference. Add in the fact that I can't even touch a decent raptor under $30k, and I am sure insurance is more, that ends up being way too much difference. For the price difference I can modify a 5.0 to be close to the same HP and TQ of a gen 1 Raptor. Plus the gen 1 raptor 0-60 is around 6.6 seconds, where one with the 5.0 and the 6 speed is about the same or even quicker, but is set up to tow more.

As cool as the Raptor is, it just doesn't make sense.
User avatar
aaronatstate
Posts: 9890
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Arkansas

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by aaronatstate »

[quote=""Duck Vader""]And the piss poor MPG of the raptor kills me too. Research shows low teens average where the newer 5.0 gets upper teens ~ 4-5 mpg difference. When you drive 12k miles a year, that 5 mpg adds up. About $2-3k a year difference. Add in the fact that I can't even touch a decent raptor under $30k, and I am sure insurance is more, that ends up being way too much difference. For the price difference I can modify a 5.0 to be close to the same HP and TQ of a gen 1 Raptor. Plus the gen 1 raptor 0-60 is around 6.6 seconds, where one with the 5.0 and the 6 speed is about the same or even quicker, but is set up to tow more.

As cool as the Raptor is, it just doesn't make sense.[/quote]

The first gen Raptors also came with the 5.4L with the 6.2L as an option. Eventually they came with the 6.2L standard, so take that into account.
Image
Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
:)
User avatar
alienviking
Posts: 10707
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by alienviking »

I wonder how much of that MPG difference is how they are driven hah.
User avatar
Duck Vader
Posts: 18820
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by Duck Vader »

https://www.xcarseattle.com/cars-for-sa ... ageSize=25

Not sure how I feel about this place. Has decent reviews online, but the prices seem almost too low to be right? They even have a Raptor for $25k.
User avatar
ChargerX3
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm
Location: Reno

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by ChargerX3 »

Probably trucks that were purchased at auction due to any number of reasons.
Image
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Ford - Edumacate me

Post by DCIV »

Interesting site.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
Post Reply