
The Full Monte
Moderator: Monochrome
The Full Monte
Uh huh 


I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Chris GTO TT
- Posts: 15950
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 pm
- Location: Sacramento
Re: The Full Monte
Giggity
Re: The Full Monte
Yes. Yes I did.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: The Full Monte
Not much of a story. Guy agreed to end the eBay auction early for 2300. He was about 20 miles from our house. Dunno how long this link will be good: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Mitsubish ... 3273111491
It needs some work. Most notably brakes, and a new muffler. The front tires are mismatched. I'm going to swap over the wheels and tires from the truck for now. There's some electrical gremlins too, but I can handle that. The rust isn't very bad at all.
It's a pig with those big ass tires on it. It'll just make me appreciate my Corvette more.
It needs some work. Most notably brakes, and a new muffler. The front tires are mismatched. I'm going to swap over the wheels and tires from the truck for now. There's some electrical gremlins too, but I can handle that. The rust isn't very bad at all.
It's a pig with those big ass tires on it. It'll just make me appreciate my Corvette more.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: The Full Monte
Thats a great price for that clean of a Truck in good running condition. I like that it has minimal rust too. With those big 33s you should have fun this winter. You ever had a a 4x4 with this much lift and off-road capability?

Re: The Full Monte
It barely makes it up a hill, and the front end vibrates at random intervals. It weighs as much as a VR4 and has less than half the power. I don't care how cool the tires look. It sucks 
The KC area gets more ice than snow. I don't need ground clearance. I need grip. I think the tires I have on the truck will fill that need. I'll figure out a long term solution once the truck runs under its own power.
The KC area gets more ice than snow. I don't need ground clearance. I need grip. I think the tires I have on the truck will fill that need. I'll figure out a long term solution once the truck runs under its own power.
Last edited by Jeff V. on Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: The Full Monte
Haha. Welcome back to the 80s/90s. Youve had it too good lately! Give it time. Maybe she will start to grow on you.
Yours come with rear lsd?
Yours come with rear lsd?

Re: The Full Monte
No LSD.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: The Full Monte
All this LSD talk is making me look for one for the XJ. Really don't think I need one in there, but ya know, can't leave shit alone.
Re: The Full Monte
I have no plans right now aside from fixing what needs to be fixed. Right now that's brakes, exhaust, and lighting.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
- aaronatstate
- Posts: 9890
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:52 pm
- Location: Arkansas
Re: The Full Monte
[quote=""Jeff V.""]It barely makes it up a hill, and the front end vibrates at random intervals. It weighs as much as a VR4 and has less than half the power. I don't care how cool the tires look. It sucks 
The KC area gets more ice than snow. I don't need ground clearance. I need grip. I think the tires I have on the truck will fill that need. I'll figure out a long term solution once the truck runs under its own power.[/quote]
Time to stick that spare VR4 motor you have in there
The KC area gets more ice than snow. I don't need ground clearance. I need grip. I think the tires I have on the truck will fill that need. I'll figure out a long term solution once the truck runs under its own power.[/quote]
Time to stick that spare VR4 motor you have in there

Chr15t0ph3r85: YES
Chr15t0ph3r85: GOOO STATE
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: The Full Monte
Re-gear is better than more power with bigger tires.
Re: The Full Monte
There aren't many gearing options for Monteros. I'm not re-gearing this thing even if I could find parts. I'm just going to swap over the wheels and tires from the truck for now. They're practically new anyway. I think they're 31". I'll figure out a long term plan for tires once the truck runs under its own power.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata
Re: The Full Monte
No need to regear. 4.63s will be good enough. Best you can do domestically is 4.9 anyways. Then its a hassle swapping everything over. Finding a 4.63 lsd rear out of a first gen isnt super difficult. Its also not bad swapping 3rd members out should the itch arise.
Like you I just need to get mine running properly first. That means tearing into the motor, and fixing leaks in the power steering, trans, and tc. My muffler is also separated from the exhaust.
I still cant help planning for this build. I pulled the 4.63 lsd several years ago so that will eventually go in. I also will be swapping quite a few SR parts over as many of them are interchangeable improvements.
Like you I just need to get mine running properly first. That means tearing into the motor, and fixing leaks in the power steering, trans, and tc. My muffler is also separated from the exhaust.
I still cant help planning for this build. I pulled the 4.63 lsd several years ago so that will eventually go in. I also will be swapping quite a few SR parts over as many of them are interchangeable improvements.

Re: The Full Monte
Tires make a huge difference. Its still gonna be a hog but tire size will change sooooo much.
Coop
Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
[/quote]
DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points
- Duck Vader
- Posts: 18820
- Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:57 am
Re: The Full Monte
Honestly didn't notice much change on the XJ going from 225 to 265.
What it the HP/TQ on these things? It is I want to say 190/225 on the 4.0 in the XJ. Also has 3.55 gears I think.
What it the HP/TQ on these things? It is I want to say 190/225 on the 4.0 in the XJ. Also has 3.55 gears I think.
Re: The Full Monte
145 hp, 170 lb-ft.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
--Naomi Nagata