Electrical connectors

If you're looking for a place to direct your vehicular thoughts, you've found it.

Moderator: Monochrome

Post Reply
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Electrical connectors

Post by DCIV »

I need some connectors to put two wires together that I want to be able to take apart. But the ones I used were so tight when I put them together when taking back apart it was too much work. And while I pulled the one I want out correctly when it let go it cause me to pull the wires out of the two other connectors.

Are there any clip connectors for single wires? Amazon isn’t giving me any good selections.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by BillyC »

User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by Jeff V. »

Go to your favorite local auto store and look in their electrical section.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by DCIV »

[quote=""BillyC""]Military_Connectors[/quote]

Funny but actually might be useful for later on.

[quote=""Jeff V.""]Go to your favorite local auto store and look in their electrical section.[/quote]

That’s what I have and I don’t like them. I figure they were low bid and I could get much better somewhere online.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by BillyC »

I wasn't intending to be funny. They are likely overkill for your application, but they are great connectors. :)
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by Jeff V. »

Coop does tend to like overkill, so those might be perfect.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
BillyC
Posts: 6463
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by BillyC »

yeah, kinda what I thought. :shrug:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by DCIV »

There are some that will be helpful on a Humvee project in the future. I also like how all 3 can come in one connector. But where is the step above autozone connector.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Jeff V.
Posts: 25425
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by Jeff V. »

It would help if you told us what you're doing and what you hope to accomplish.
I think about all the things we could have done, all the miracles we could have achieved, if we were all just a little bit better than it turns out we are.
--Naomi Nagata
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by DCIV »

Well anything really but it’s my lawn mower wiring.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
Hans_GZP
Posts: 6611
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 pm
Location: Easton, PA
Contact:

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by Hans_GZP »

It would depend on what gauge wiring you are trying to connect.
First to 184 million :lol:
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by DCIV »

Small. 12gauge I would guess.


Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
User avatar
stealthee
Posts: 5064
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am
Location: SWPA
Contact:

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by stealthee »

If you just want something quick and dirty you could get some insulated male and female spade connectors. Done and done.
Image
User avatar
DCIV
Posts: 26790
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:14 am
Location: TN

Re: Electrical connectors

Post by DCIV »

I wanted something better than that. Better than autozone.

Coop
[quote=""Melis""]The cop asked Coop "Are you really a firefighter?" Coop was like "yeah" then the cop said "ok your in charge" then the cop left :lol:
[/quote]

DCIV: first to 2,000,000 rep points :)
Post Reply