I had a '90 Laser RS-T that was past due needing to be replaced so I asked the owner of the local Chrysler dealer (also a friend of mine) to try to find me a car. I told him I wanted a newer Talon, Eclipse, something like that. Had never even considered a Stealth at that point. He mentioned that he had a '95 Stealth with about 50k km (30k miles) on it that he was selling.
I said "naaaahh".
Thought about it a bit, looked at his son's car (same, only with factory 18's) and said "ok I'll take it "
Another bonus is that the son (Ryan) was selling his stealth to buy his dad's Viper, so there would still only be one Stealth in town
I was working at Super K-mart when I was 17 or 18.
I always sat in my car for lunch. One day I saw a white 2nd gen R/T pull into the space in front of me. My first impression was "man, that's a wide tail-end"
I looked at it a little longer and started thinking "that's a damn wide car! Those tail lights are awesome!"
After about 2 minutes I decided "I'm going to get one of those".
I got home that day and started researching it. I found the mailing list and started asking all the retarded noob questions that we all put up with today.
"What years have the pop-up headlights? Which years have the 6 speed? I want the extra 20 horsepower, when did that start? I want AWS, do they all have that?"
One of the old-schoolers was kind enough to answer all my questions..turns out I couldn't have the pop-ups and 6-speed, so i decided on the 2nd gen. The '94 was the only 2nd gen to have all the toys (AWS, active exhaust, etc), so I decided I wanted a 1994 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo.
It turned into my obsession..I couldn't afford my dream car, so a stealth would be my realistic dream car.
A few years later I got one.
I can't decide if I want to get another VR4 or move on to a different platform. It would just be my cruiser. Nothing special, just something fun to take out and drive on a sunny weekend. I have the XJ for a DD and eventually a trail rig once it gets old enough.
My friend showed my a 3000GT in class one day, I was pretty much like "Meh, they look good but I'd rather have a supra or rx-7". It wasn't until I saw my 98 SL in person that I really fell in love with the cars. It just looked incredible and lucky for me the owner was selling it The rest is history.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions."
That was a $30K mistake I dont plan on repeating anytime soon
Macky wrote:Trophy gf's are kind of like the Stanley Cup. You may have it now, but more than likely someone else will have it next year. Even if you were to get it back later, just think of all the random people who have kissed it since you had it last.
[quote=""Duck Vader""]
This is the video that got me interested in the 3000GT. I know AAM can cause lots of frustration, but I like this video...
[/quote]
Damn, that makes me want to get a 3000GT.
What got me into my Z, was my boss in Okinawa and just being there for eight years. He own a 240Z with an RB26DETT, then I ventured out into the racing scene seeing a lot of old skool imports. I knew I could afford an old import and just work from there.
2005 Nissan SE-R Spec V
1992 Plymouth Laser RS-T
--Chris
There were 2 TV shows that got me into the cars but I can honestly say I didn't fall in love till I got a chance to see in person and sit in a brand new black 98 VR4 just before I turned 16 at a local car show. This was one of those car shows where all the local dealerships bring out a few new cars to show case.
The following year they had a brand new black 99 VR4 which the key from my 95 base stealth unlocked.
Got in some trouble for that...
2020 Miata Club - BBS package
2020 GMC Sierra Elevation Duramax
2014 Exomotive Exocet - #101 "shocker yellow" - sold
Read more: http://mevowners.proboards.com/thread/5 ... g-pa-build
99 Solano Black VR4 - #16 of 287 - ground up restoration - sold
"I don't actually work on cars, I just talk about them on the internet."
I know almost any GM key could unlock my 96 Silverado. I locked my keys in my truck on more than one occasion, so I would just call a friend with a GM, he would bring over a key and I could unlock my truck...
I was researching the 3000GT for awhile, and as a little kid whenever I saw a stealth I would be like "that is awesome."
I dont know how or when I got into cars, but as far back as I can remember I would go arround trying to name all the cars I could see, and learn more about them.
I remember driving past the armory by the airport when I saw this bright green/yellow Stealth RT sitting in the parking lot. That is when I decided I was going to buy one.
Few years later I ran into some kids in wal-mart in the automotive department. They were making fun of all the rice stuff and picking on the one kid who had a VW GTI.
I found out a little later that one of those kids owned the Stealth I saw years ago and he was selling it.
Fast forward a few months and I owned the car. Few months after that the pos broke down for the first time...
Love hate relationship ever since.
[quote=""Malaziel""]You're ready. Out into the forum wild for you little keyboard hatemonger. [/quote]
I saw one at a Motor Show (3000GT VR4 version) when it was first released way back and loved it. Back then, I only thought of the Europeans making sports cars, and I see a Mitsu logo and burst out laughing. I stopped promptly as I just thought it was sexy! Before that, I had always wanted a 300ZX.
I was about to buy an Australian V8 (approx $65,000AUD) when I flicked thru an autotrader, and saw a pearl white 93 GTO for sale. I thought, "I always wanted to see what they were like", and went and test drove it, not expecting to buy it. I couldn't get out of it I was so excited. 2 weeks later, it was mine!